The Burden as a Main Vocal

"You want ME to be the main vocal?" Jeongguk's surprised exclamation rings through the living room. "But, this is so sudden... I'm not ready..."

"A round of applause for Jeongguk, our main vocalist, everyone!" (Y/N) with glee in her voice.

Jimin goes up and hugs Jeongguk, "Our maknae! Don't worry about it too much! I'll make sure to be a good lead!"

"But- But still! Why am I the main vocal? There are other singers."

"The decision was made in the interest of overall harmony. Does everyone agree?"

Seokjin comes forward "I think it was the right choice. Jeongguk, your is the most stable, anyway."

"Nice face, great body, and sings well, too! Wow! You're not our Golden Maknae for nothing!" Taehyung hugs Jeongguk from behind and shows off his boxy smile.

Despite the other members' attempts to imbue him with confidence, Jeongguk still looks uneasy.

*Timeskip*

"Wow, Manager! What's all this?" Taehyung shouts in bewilderment.

"It's almost time to record, so I brought a bunch of things that are supposed to be good for the throat." (Y/N) says as she brings some supplies of medicine good for sore throat.

"I put my trust in modern medicine! I choose the ice-cold cooling spray!" Namjun states as he grabs himself the spray.

"Lozenges should be plenty." Yunki takes his medicine.

Everyone except Jeongguk claims an item.

(Y/N) looks around, not seeing Jeongguk anywhere, "Huh? Where's Jeongguk?"

Jimin averts his eyes, "Um..."
The faint voice of Jeongguk's voice rings out, 🎵It's a lie! You such a liar. See me, see me, ya, You're a hypocrite.🎶

The (E/C) eyed girl hears the background music and singing coming from upstairs.

Hoseok speaks with a tone of concern, "I keep telling him not to stress so much about it, but he's still... doing that..."

(Y/N) keeps looking up to where the music is, "He's been eating, right?"

Seokjin crosses his arms, "Seokjin's chicken house is open 24/7. We also provide delivery..."

"I'm worried he's practicing too much, but I can't wait to see how well he'll do when we record." Namjun says with a proud tone in his voice for his maknae.

"Again with the pressure, even if he's not here to hear it!" Seokjin's mother instincts kicking in. "But... I'm looking forward to it, too, to be honest. Just a little bit."

(Y/N) couldn't keep the worried expression off her face, "Practicing's great, but... he'll be able to handle the pressure, right?"

Namjun places his hand on her shoulder for comfort, "I believe in him. He says he's not, but he's capable of doing well, and then some."

*Timeskip*

The long awaited recording day has arrived.

Seokjin's voice is heard throughout the kitchen, "Eat up! You can't sing or rap your best if you're hungry!"

Everyone reaches for the side dishes at once, when...

"Wait!" Namjun shouts out, "Our Golden Maknae first!"

"Ye-What? Me?" Jeongguk's eyes widen.

Yunki looks at Jeongguk, "Yeah. Being main vocal is hard, so you need to eat more. I agree!"