Eight years already?! PART ONE - fluff

"Do you know what day it is today?" Freddie bounced excitedly in his seat as his Irish lover made his way down the stairs. The Persian sat on a bar stool in the kitchen, watching with a smile as Jim entered through the door, not doing so much as thinking as he strode towards his lover, embracing him from behind.

"Uh... we have that lunch with Jer and Bomi today." Jim declared, snuggling into his lover's neck. Freddie's heart fell a little. It was the couple's eighth anniversary today, and Freddie had been super excited to celebrate it with Jim.

"Yeahhh, but do you know what else it is today?" Freddie bit his lip and turned around in Jim's arms to look at the Irishman. The man in question just gave a blank look to his partner, and Freddie realised that Jim truly had forgotten. His smile faded, and his eyes were big and innocent as he asked,

"Did you forget..? It's our anniversary." Now the truth was that Jim had forgotten, but he decided to mask his shock and put on a showman smile. "Oh darling I know, I was playing along so you wouldn't suspect the surprises I have for you! Don't be silly, you think I'd really forget our anniversary?"

Freddie smiled again and brought Jim in for a passionate kiss. Jim winced at his own stupidity but kissed his husband back. Now he was in rather a big predicament. He somehow had to conjure up three or more surprises for Freddie in just the next twelve hours. Shit.

Freddie returned back upstairs to wake up the girls and Jim's brain went into plan mode. Ok, he likes restaurants, specifically tapas and Indian. I could book a table for two at a tapas restaurant and get Roger to look after the girls. He likes flowers and chocolate. I could make up an excuse and go out to buy chocolates and freesias. He likes wine too, so I'll get a bottle of red wine for him. That's two. If I'm clever enough, I could get Roger to stay through the night so we can have a night in a hotel, giving the both of us the opportunity to have a proper drink. I could even take him to Heaven, where we first met. Yes, he'll like that. Good. Ok. Great.

Jim put his plan into action as soon as he could, and discreetly phoned Roger to tell him his ideas. "I knew you'd forgotten, you always let on in advance that you want me to babysit the kids for an event for the two of you. Yes I'm free, I'll be over at seven? Ok. See you then." Roger ended the call and chuckled to himself. "Oh Jimmy boy, you're in very deep shit if this all fails."

"Listen darling, i just need to give these towels to my friend Dermot. I promised I would yesterday and his wife spilt hair dye all over their old ones so they had to go in the bin. I promise I won't be long, I am so looking forward to our day together." Freddie nodded and the couple kissed, Jim having to purposely bring towels with him to the market so he could go shopping for gifts.

He picked up the biggest box of luxury chocolates he could find, spotting one huge red package with what must have been at least 75 bottle-cork sized chocolates, all with different fillings. He found Freddie's favourite red wine and, because he couldn't find any yellow freesias, picked up a huge bunch of red roses instead. He stopped at a clothes rack, where a gorgeous white and black kimono hung itself proudly centre stage. He loves those. I'll get him it, it will add on. Jim folded it up neatly in his basket after paying a respectable £35 for it.

Satisfied, he made his way back home courtesy of Terry the chauffeur and luckily Freddie wasn't in the house, and neither were the girls (Phoebe informed him that they had gone to Brian's house for a short while, so that the girls could play with Brian's son) and so stored the presents in the shadows of the closet, cleverly covered with a dark shawl.

Next on the list was the restaurant. Jim booked a reservation for two at the finest table with a time of 9pm, for a three course meal. That was fairly easy to do, and so on to the hotel Jim went. That again was effortless, and so Jim was proud that he had managed to clear up his act and was able to present Freddie with loads of surprises that he knew the Persian would love.

Freddie and the girls returned at 10am, and the children were left in the care of Joe and Phoebe as the couple went to lunch with Jer and Bomi. It was a pleasant but uneventful affair as the adults talked idly about this and that, sipping tea and eating Jer's cheesy pastries.

At 5pm Jim presented Freddie with his gifts that had been hiding in the wardrobe. Freddie was overjoyed with the presents and kissed his husband a little too passionately, somehow ending up straddling the Irishman. He sheepishly chuckled but was more than willing to stay on Jim's lap for a while, snuggling as he listened to Jim's dinner plan before giving Jim the presents Freddie had found for him.

Jim received an expensive aftershave, a simple leafy design silver ring with both Jim and Freddie's initials carved on it; a new button-up shirt in a gorgeous maroon colour, a beige overcoat and a pair of silver cufflinks to match the ring Jim had previously opened.

Two hours later, Roger knocked on the door. Jim opened it and let the drummer inside, the blond going upstairs to receive some cuddles from his nieces. Freddie was changing into some more suitable attire and Jim had already changed, putting on the maroon shirt from his husband. Freddie came downstairs soon after Roger arrived in a crisp grey button-up and a black blazer to match.

The two males bid their daughters and Roger Goodnight at 7:45, getting into Freddie's favourite black Mercedes, Driven by Terry who would wait for them. There the Irishman assured his husband that he could get as drunk as he wanted, as after the meal they were going to go to Heaven, where they first met, and then stay the night at the most lavish hotel in London. The couple kissed passionately, getting a few disgusted looks from the adjacent tables, but they couldn't care less, feeling content and warm in each other's presence.

Part two will be uploaded soon.