Birthday bash (PART TWO) - Fluff

"Where are you taking me?" Jim chuckled as he felt Freddie tug him along by the hand, checking every once in a while that the irishman had not removed his blindfold.

"No telling."the singer skipped in front of Jim, feeling surprisingly energetic for a man who spent half the morning over the toilet, minutes before they were due to leave for The Swan. Jim didn't awfully mind the suspense; he was quite happy to be taken by the hand and led away. It felt nice to spend some alone time with Freddie, lord knows they haven't had enough of it recently.

Jim could smell lavender and grass, which implied that they were on a field of some sort. He could hear gentle music being played, classical and soft. The air was crisp, as it was nearing sunset, but not so cold that he could shiver. He felt Freddie gently squeeze his hand, with a quiet, "we're here."

He felt the knot of the blindfold being untied, and the sight that met Jim when Freddie took of the blindfold was nothing short of incredible. A scene dear to him, he knew they had been here once before. The same tulip in the same bottle, the same cocktail in the same hideously yellow pitcher, was dear to Jim's heart nonetheless. He felt compelled to cry as he looked upon the same exact scene he'd created himself all those years ago.

"Oh, Freddie, darling

"Oh, Freddie, darling." Jim hugged Freddie around the waist tightly. Freddie giggled and kissed him on the temple. "I knew you'd like it. This is what you did for me, on our first ever date, eight years ago. I thought I'd return the favour."

"Where on earth did you find more of those disgusting wine glasses?" Jim snorted as he picked up one, that looked like it had collided with a tennis ball, but was part of the design, as Freddie had said eight years ago with a teasing smile on his face.

"I have my ways." Freddie guided Jim to sit down. He reached into the picnic basket and pulled out something wrapped in foil. Jim opened it up and let out a bark of laughter.

"The same sandwich. By god, you went all out." Freddie smiled innocently as he got out a knife and cut the sandwich in half so they could have a piece each.

"I know that you did this for me at lunchtime all those years ago, but I thought you'd appreciate the sunset more, the weather forecast said tonight's sunset is meant to be absolutely beautiful."

"Not nearly as beautiful as you." Jim winked at Freddie once he'd finished his bite of the sandwich. Freddie chuckled and blew a kiss.

They dined peacefully, accompanied by the sound of the birds as they twittered overhead. Freddie fed Jim a piece of the cake he'd brought; a glorious Victoria sponge with a dusting of icing sugar. Jim chuckled as he took the spoon of cake in his mouth, and in return he held out a green macaroon for Freddie, who cheekily bit it out of Jim's hand,  grazing his finger gently.

"thank you, my love, for one of the most pleasent evenings of my life."