"Valentines day" spinoff - Fluff

Spin-off of one of my previous oneshots, "Valentine's day" where popular kid Freddie and quiet kid Jim attend a high school reunion!
Enjoy!
- Amy
XXX
——————————————————————
"God, this place's changed." Jim commented as he and Freddie made their way up the entrance steps. Freddie, laughing, nodded in agreement when the couple stopped at the top of the staircase, greeted by the lit-up front of the extravagant school.

"Same trashy front lights though. Remember the Valentines disco? They were always lit in the evenings." Freddie smiled more softly as he reminisced. "If it's still here in eleven years, I want to send our baby here." Freddie put a hand on his stomach, where the couple's first child was growing.

"They'd love it here, it was such a fun school." Jim agreed, arm around Freddie's waist as the couple started walking once more. "I wonder if any of our teachers still work here? I know we'll meet them but I wonder if any still work?"

"Come off it Jim, it's been ten years!" Freddie snorted. "They were all dinosaurs when we were teenagers, they'd break their backs trying to teach in the ripe old age of 70!" The two of them laughed, knowing full well that none of their teachers were anywhere near 70.

Jim held open the door for his husband, who kissed him on the cheek as a thank you. They checked in at the reception to show they were present, signing their signatures on a worn sheet of paper, given to them by the secretary. Apparently she was still working.

They were given directions by the secretary to go into the hall, where the gathering would be held. "Reminds me of the Valentine's Disco once again. Ten years later and it's still beyond me as to how I snatched the most popular boy in school. And now we're months away from a child." Jim grinned at his husband, squeezing his hand as they headed inside.

Through the green double doors they went, and were greeted with a surprisingly peaceful atmosphere.  There were multiple round tables with cream tablecloths around the edges of the hall, in between them there were shelves full of food and refreshments, and in the middle was a big space for dancing and socialising.

The couple were content to sit for a moment at their allocated table whilst they waited for others to arrive. Most of Freddie's old high school friends and Jim's main friend Jack were appointed to sit at the same table, making up ten of them to one table. One by one they joined the couple at the table and began to socialise.

"So, married? Congratulations!" Jack grinned at the two of them. He raised his eyebrows cockily at Jim when the Irish mentioned how they had a baby on the way. Jack was brilliantly easy-going, and could put anyone at peace with his nature, but could turn absolutely any conversation dirty. Jim whacked him on the shoulder, and luckily Freddie didn't see as he was chatting with Liza.

Jim didn't drink that evening to sympathise Freddie, who looked utterly miserable seeing the rest of the table with champagne and beers while he was stuck with water. Everyone sat down for a meal in the next half-hour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Freddie and Jim went home arm in arm, happy with old friendships being built back up.