Chapter 20 ~ Shampoo

AN: Hope you guys enjoy this update~!!! I wish all of you a great day and week ahead of all of you!!!!!

"Do you have any experience with weapons?"

...Eh?

Wait, what?! It's just that?! I thought I was in trouble for a second!!!

And of course, I don't! What kind of noble lady do you think I am?!

"I do not, Raeven-sama. The closest thing I have to handle a weapon would be the kitchen knife I'd use to cut apples and fruits while baking a fruit cake."

"I see... No, that should be as expected. Since I will be teaching you how to handle weapons as well, may I know if you have any preferences as to what kind of weapon you would prefer?"

...Why did he seem so surprised? And why do I feel offended right now...?

"The extent of experience I have with weapons would be the times when I watch my dear brother during his swordsmanship lessons. I have little to no experience and knowledge regarding weapons. However, I do have a slight interest in spears."

"Spears? I see. That is quite an unusual answer. I did not expect a noble lady such as yourself to be interested in spears."

Roland-sama and Luke looked at me surprised.

Well, that sort of reaction is as expected. While it was far from rare in the military, spearmanship was rare within the nobility.

Most nobles chose to train in the way of the sword when they were young because most great historical figures as well as legendary figures in stories often wielded a sword. It became the most popular weapon because it was synonymous with the words heroes, bravery, powerful, mighty, and so on.

"Yes. While I do prefer close-distance combat, the range advantage a spear provides is very attractive to me, especially against weapons with a shorter range such as swords and daggers."

Moreover, while the female body does lose in terms of strength to a male, we have far greater joint flexibility than them, especially our hip joints. Our pelvis is wider for pregnancy, and because of this, our hip joints stick out, giving us a much wider range of mobility than males as well as making us more agile and nimble.

To put it simply, males are strong and steady like a rock, while females are agile and flexible, like water. Rather than a sword with a short range, I feel like the spear would suit me and make use of the advantages I have better, allowing me to keep my distance away from my enemy and dance around them.

A dagger would also be a good weapon for maneuvering around the enemy at high speed, but having a longer reach was something I could pair better with my magic.

Well, those are the more boring reasons that I won't bore them with. The most important reason is because I wanted to be as cool as the venerable "Queen of the Land of Shadows" and "God Slayer".

...

Hm? Why is it so quiet?

Ah... They're frozen again...

If you two don't close your mouth soon, a fly would enter it you know?

"...Is there something wrong?"

"No... Forgive me. I simply didn't expect such a well-thought answer about weapon preference from a young noble lady such as yourself. Please excuse me."