Chapter 89 ~ W-Why is he here?!

[Alterisa's POV]

"My lady!!! Please wake up!!!"

Nnnnghhh... Wha... Who... Who dares... disturb... my slumber...

"My lady...! P-Please wake up!"

"Mmmhh...? Anne... Maria-chan... It's still so early..."

I'm still super sleepy... I couldn't sleep that well last night.

After all, today would be... the Matriculation Ceremony for the freshmen who'd enter the Royal Academy.

The matriculation ceremony is simply a formality to welcome all the freshmen to the academy. It will also be the day all freshmen move to the dorms they'll be living in during their stay in the academy and acclimate to the new environment before starting school in a few days.

We were busy packing up yesterday since I, Anne, Maria-chan, and Iris would be staying in the dorm starting today.

At first, I only thought of bringing Anne as my personal maid there to help me with my daily activities and Fubuki since he's my familiar. But Maria-chan and Iris insisted on going with me, so I acquiesced and told them they could return home during weekends to be with Vincent.

After all, they're a family. But they immediately rejected me and chose to stay with me the entire time.

"It will be fine, Alterisa-sama~! Brother will be busy working with Big sis Laura as one of your proxies during your stay in the academy either way, and I want to serve you every day!!!"

"Vincent can take care of himself thanks to your graciousness, my lady. And even though I am aware that you are a powerful mage, I implore you to let me stay by your side so I can be your sword and shield."

"I-I see... I understand~ Thank you so much, Maria-chan~ Iris~ Let's have a lot of fun together~! Of course, Anne and Fubuki as well~!"

""Yes~/ Yes. / Yes, my lady. / Kyuuu~!!!""

It ended very well, but that wasn't the reason why I couldn't sleep.

The reason is because this is the day the heroine... would meet all the capture targets...

I had trouble sleeping because of that... Lily and Lu-nii had already assured me that nothing would happen and logically, I know I won't be persecuted if I just don't do anything related to her. But as expected, I still couldn't help but be nervous...

I slept very late into the night, and even then, it was a very light sleep since I kept waking up throughout the night.

So I'm seriously very sleepy right now...

"M-My lady! Please wake up!"

"Mmmh... Just five more minutes..."

"You can't, my lady! H-H-His highness the crown prince is here!!!"

Huh...? Alex...?

"His highness...? Alex? Hehehe... Are yo ustill dreaming, Anne... Why would... Alex... Be here..."

I began to doze off again, but then, a familiar voice resounded from the door that immediately blew away all my sleepiness from shock.

"A very good morning to you, my beloved Risa. I'm sorry to have woken you so early in the morning, but I simply couldn't wait to escort you to the royal academy where we'll be spending most of our time together from now on."

!!!

My eyes went wide immediately as my body sprang up and saw Alex standing by the door with a bright smile on his stupid handsome face.