Chapter 33 ~ Stop Throwing Dirt at Me! Practice Duel (2)

[3rd Person POV]

Wilhelm, caught off-guard by the thick layer of ice that suddenly covered the ground below him, failed to react quickly and had his feet trapped by the ice. In his panic, the spell he prepared failed to activate and the magic circle disappeared.

Tsk!

He quickly tried to regain himself and prepare another spell to break the ice on his feet, but he didn't have a chance.

As Alterisa descended back to earth, a pair of shoes made of ice with blades attached under its soles appeared on her feet, and she began gliding and skating along the frozen ground.

What is that?!

"Icicles!"

"Tch. Earth Wall!"

Wilhelm, who was about to cast an earth wall under him to lift him off the ground and break out of the ice, was forced to cast it in front of him to protect himself from the barrage of icicles heading towards him at scarily incredible speed.

The wall of earth burst through the ground, shattering the layer of ice above it, and protected him from Alterisa's icicles.

Wilhelm calmed down for a moment. He felt relieved that he was able to block Alterisa's attack.

Although the spell that froze the entire ground surprised him, it didn't do much other than trapping him in his spot. He could destroy the layer of ice below him at any time and escape. Then, he will be able to counterattack.

But at that moment, two curved ramps suddenly appeared at his flanks. He wondered what they were. It doesn't seem like a direct attack to him.

As he thought of this, he heard his opponent's beautiful, bell-like voice shouting yet another spell.

"Water Spear!"

The spear made of water struck his earth wall, but it didn't do that much damage.

Hmph, perhaps she is a fool after all. Who would use a water spear to pierce a wall made of earth?

Wilhelm began preparing another spell. This time, he'll be using "Rock Shoot" and aim for her when she'll be using the ramps on his sides.

He waited, but she never came. He concentrated on the sound of her movement, and he heard her getting closer and closer.

Until suddenly, she appeared above him.

"Icicles!"

Like an angel flying in mid-air, she shoot out all the icicles that floated behind her towards him.

This is bad!

"Earth Shield!"

Solid earth appeared on his arms as he covered himself from the rain of icicles above him.

This is ridiculous! Never in his wildest dreams would he ever expect that daughter of the prime minister to suddenly appear over the tall wall of earth before him!

Then it suddenly hit him. That water spear... Did she cast it to distract him and then build a third ramp in front of his earth wall?!

He had been completely fooled! The two ramps at his flanks were both decoys for him to believe that she'll use it for her next attack!

Alterisa landed back on the ground skated away with a spear made of ice in her hand. She waved her hands and created more ramps, then rode one and flew into the air.

Her glossy silver hair glimmered in the light as she flew. She smiled brilliantly as she spun in mid air before landing back to the ground.

Beautiful...