Chapter 65 ~ Best Friends

[Lily's POV]

Oh my~ Ufufufu~ I wonder what onii-sama will think about this~

The special and private tea party dear mother and her small circle of friends always hold during one of the days of the Kingdom's Founding Festival week had always been exclusive for females, or at least, that's how it ended up being.

We of the nobility always needed to keep a certain image to the public and, sometimes, even during private times. Especially dear mother, who was queen, was expected to be perfect, dignified, and become the epitome of elegance, gratefulness, and beauty even within her own home.

This also applies to me, a princess, as well as many other noble ladies. Even though I'm only a three-year-old, such things have been expected of me to a certain degree, I will be expected to become as perfect as possible all the time in the future, just like all noble ladies.

It's exhausting, suffocating, and draining. But, it's just how things are, unfortunately.

Thus, when we were only between families or extremely close friends, we truly let everything go and be our true selves.

The only people dear mother could do such a thing to was with our immediate family and the ladies here.

Thus, dear mother and Lisa-sama decided to start this "tradition" of meeting up at least once a year with this close-knit group so everyone could truly be themselves "safely" and have fun.

And, because it is meant to let all of these ladies be themselves, having a male amongst the group, even if they're children, would make it a slightly more uncomfortable space for them to let everything go.

After all, there are things girls could only talk about when there are no guys around. It's true in our previous world and still keeps true in this one.

Onii-sama actually wanted to join in this as well as last year's tea party to have fun with Risa-chan. But mom denied his request for those reasons, so there was nothing that could be done.

Ufufufu~ He's so utterly in love with her, isn't he~ It's so cute~

He even told me to "protect" Risa-chan from adding any more "rivals", but I can't really stop her from making "friends", now can I~?

Mellissa and Stella. Even though they're very shy and quiet, especially before Risa-chan, I do notice how enamored they look when Risa-chan introduced herself to them.

It was as if they see the person they idolized the most suddenly standing before them and then fall in love.

And now, they're already talking about her with Noir and Kiara to find out more about Risa-chan.

Hah~ My best friend is such a sinful woman~ I guess some things just never change even though we're in another world with another name~

Well~ I'll just tell my brother that Risa-chan just made some new friends~

I mean, I'm not wrong, am I~? Hehehehe~

I do wonder, though. I've never seen Mellissa and Stella in "Lovely Happenings".

Could they be the nameless background characters we, as players, just never get to find out about?

Since they're here, that means they would've met with Alterisa too in the game at this age, right? And considering Alterisa's demeanor... Mm, they might not want to befriend her.

Even though their mothers are good friends, they must've tried to distance themselves with her and not be dragged into her schemes in the game.

Well, I guess that doesn't matter now.