Chapter 120 ~ First Match... Against a Cute Girl~

Finally... It has begun.

This year's annual Royal Academy Tournament and a key event in the otome game had begun.

It was the day I've been anticipating and training so hard for... I need to win this year's tournament. Not only so I can rub it in those boys' faces, but because if one of them win, then that means the heroine is going to enter his route and make their romance bloom.

They might not seem interested in her, but no one knows how they would react if the oh so innocent heroine came to them when they're injured after winning the tournament, heal them with her light magic, and look at them worriedly with her signature puppy eyes.

At the very least, in my experience, all four of those foolish boys had fallen for it every time in the game and in real life when I did it to them.

Whenever I spar against them and accidentally go too far and injure them, I'd always heal them immediately and check to make sure they're fine. It'll be hell for me if I injure these capture targets, after all... The heroine would take the chance to heal them in a heartbeat if I did.

And every time I did, they'd always blush like little girls in front of their idol. Except for Lu-nii of course. He'd just bonked my head for going too far even though he had told me to hold back during training.

That is why, after I've ascertained their defense level against girls, I need to sweep the floor with them in this tournament and not let the heroine fall into any of their routes.

Needless to say, I'm a supreme beauty and this fake heroine couldn't compare to me. But I still need to be careful just in case. No one knew when, if ever, will her plot armor kick in after all. I need to be prepared for everything.

I'm now waiting for my turn in the waiting room.

All 16 contestants who would be fighting in a one on one match against each other in this single elimination tournament had been given a nice, comfy waiting room each to stay in until their turn came. It's to prevent us from seeing what spells and skills each other are using during their match and prepare for it. They want this tournament to be as fair as possible.

It made sense, and I really understand their intention. But I couldn't help but become a bit upset since I couldn't watch my beautiful best friends in action. I especially want to watch Evelyn's figure as she kicks Keith's butt.

Just then, I heard a rousing round of applause from the stadium, loud enough to reach this room.

"Oh? Illya's match must've ended."

And then, she heard the announcement for Illya's victory over her opponent.

"Fufufu~ As expected of her~ I knew she'd win~ Now, I need to win my match as well so that we can meet in the quarter finals!"

I lifted up Fubuki, who had been curled up on my lap, and placed her around my shoulder. She was in her mini form today.

And just as I stood up to my feet, a knock came to my room and a female voice resounded from behind it.

"Alterisa von Lorya-sama, please get ready. Your match will be starting soon."

"Yes. Thank you very much."

I took a deep breath and began petting Fubuki's head with my finger.

"Let's do our best, Fubuki~"

"Kyuu~!!!"

She nuzzled her soft, furry cheeks against mine, giving me encouragement in the cutest way possible. Then, I head out of my room.

--------------------------------X--------------------------------