Chapter 37 ~ A-As Expected of a True Prince...

"Nee-cha~ Here! Aaaahhh..."

"Aaaaum! Mmmh~ It's so delicious~! Thank you, Kiara~ Here, you should eat too! Aaaahh..."

"Aaaum~! Delishious!!! Thank you, Nee-cha!!"

Ah~ This is heaven~! How can my little sister be this cute?

How? Is she an angel? She's an angel, right? Thank you very much for giving me an angel as my sister!!!!

"....Risa, you're grinning too much, and these sweets are prepared by me. Why is she the one feeding it to you..."

I heard Alex mutter something under his breath, but I couldn't catch it. After all, my sweet little angel Kiara is snuggling me and rubbing her cheeks with mine! How can I pay attention to anything else!

"You, get away from my Risa. This is our precious time together as engaged partners. You can play with her once you return home."

"No! Nee-cha is mine! You go away!!"

"Hah..."

Ah! W-What just happened? I was in a daze when I suddenly heard Kiara shouting.

I looked at her and saw her pouting, her arms wrapped around my neck tightly.

"What's wrong, Kiara?"

"Nee-cha, he's bullying me!"

"Eh? Alex is?"

"Yesh!"

I turned towards him confusedly.

Alexus has a dark belly that he hides deep within, but I know he'll never bully my little sister or anyone he thought of as friends. That's why I'm confused why Kiara said that.

"What did you do to her, Alex? Kiara is a very sweet girl, and she won't be like this unless you do something that upsets her badly."

"...Nothing. I... I just wanted to talk to you, but she has been monopolizing your attention. That is why I was a bit upset. I'm sorry."

Ahhh... I see. Well as his fiancee, I should be paying attention to him more than I am right now.

"I see... I'm sorry, Alex. I was just too preoccupied by my cute sister, but I would love to talk to you as well. Will you forgive me...?"

Although he'd visit my home every chance he could, the time we could spend talking with each other is getting less and less because of our respective schedules.

That is why, I should treasure our time together more... much more preciously. If I don't... our distance could be farther and farther apart. And in the future, the heroine could...

No, I can't get scared now. I'm doing my best to become the best I could be! In academics, in etiquette, in magic, and in physical strength, I'm not going to be the Alterisa in the game and let that heroine take Alex away from me.

I don't know if it is love... But I know that Alexus has already become someone more than a friend to me. That's why, I won't let anyone take him away.

I look at him, trying my best to form a smile. Though, I'm sure he could see through it. In my past life and even now, I was never good at concealing my emotions aside from when I "acted".

Sure enough, I saw shock in his widened eyes. He immediately held my hand gently, ever so softly, and brought it close to his lips and kissed it.

"There is no need to apologize, my dear Risa. I am not mad. I simply wish to spend this very precious time with you."