Chapter 101 ~ Genius VS the Rising Star

Phew~ That's quite the nice warmup~ It's been a while since I sweated a bit~

But as expected of Sir Roland's former instructor and a veteran ex Vice Commander of the royal guards, his training programme is extremely well thought out.

Running, sprints, shuttle runs, burpees, push up, bench press, squats, deadlift, by just having us do this little warm up session, he could measure our stamina, strength, and dexterity all at the same time. It's quite a nice way to familiarize himself with each of our limits.

Well... "Their" limits.

I'm totally fine. I mean... we didn't run or sprint with any weights on our arms and legs, or lifting weights double our body weight. We were even given some time to rest after all of that, while I'm immediately forced to spar with Sir Rolan or Luke.

But... they're all sprawled on the ground now.

Many couldn't even maintain their elegance anymore and were all panting heavily. Even Evelyn, Noir, Valerie-chan, Celine, Ellie, and the heroine were all visibly exhausted.

Though I guess it made sense. After all, most nobles focused their efforts for magical training. Most neglected their physical training completely or just did the bare minimum of exercise, like swinging some swords or jogging.

There's really only a few among them that could keep up. Most of them I recognize being from a family of knights.

Surprisingly, Illya was also fine with the training.

Well... At least she's standing.

But this is great! Compared to the others, who were thoroughly exhausted, she's still standing strong~!

Fufufu~ I guess it should be as expected of her~ I've heard about how talented she actually is with the sword from Sir Raeven. A lot of knights, who saw her training and sparred with her, had also praised her skills.

"Illya~ Good work on the training~"

"You as well, Alterisa-sama. But, I'm still far from you... I still need to work harder!"

Uhn... Well, you shouldn't compare yourself to me...

I've been trained by the instructor from hell himself and also that little devil since I was young. So this level of training isn't enough to make me lose my breath.

"Please don't push yourself too hard, Illya. Remember, repetition is better than pushing yourself too far in one session."

"Yes!"

Mm~! Good response~ Fufu~

"Hah... To think they'd already exhausted just from this..."

"Mm. I am quite surprised as well. This was already easier than the training I used to go through when I was young."

From a few distance away, I could hear Sir Andreas and Luke talking as they looked at the exhausted figures of the students before them.

And when he said that last part, Luke glanced at me and smiled when we met gazes.

Hah... Guys, you can't compare school kids to royal guards standards! And Luke, the training you went through wasn't normal at all! I mean, I went through it myself and even I can tell it's not something you should give for a kid or a teenager!

Though, I guess the standards of the "main characters" in this world are just on a different level...

Luke returned his gaze back at Sir Andreas as he nodded solemnly.