Chapter 56 ~ Why is my day off always got interrupted?!

AN: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Thank you very much for supporting me all this year! I will keep doing my best for years to come and I hope my stories can continue being enjoyable to you!

Wish you all a great day and year ahead! Here's to a better year!!!

Ahhhhhh~ What a great day~

Noir was so cute and well-mannered~ And I just can't get enough of her shy expression~!!!!

Ufufufu~ Her blushing face when she tries to call me "Onee-sama"... Ah~! Are you trying to kill me with cuteness?! It's so unfair!!! I'll definitely be seeing them in my dreams~!!!!

Seriously... I want to steal her from Luke...

Speaking of which, she's also talking about her brother a lot. She's praising him so highly, and most of it is just her looking at him through rose-tinted glasses, I'm sure.

After all, even the Luke in "Lovely Happenings" wasn't that cool and perfect.

Yes, he is hardworking, kind, and a softie underneath that stoic expression. But, Noir is praising him to be the kindest, most considerate, most gentlemanly, and perfect suitor for any noble lady!

Well, I guess that's to be expected from the brocon villainess~ Though, I wished she'd talk about me like that, huft~!

Seems like I'm still unable to steal her away from Luke... But no matter! We still have time, and I shall definitely have your heart!

Anyway~ It's the next morning now~ Illya will be visiting tomorrow, but today, I've got the whole day free!

Hm... What should we do~?

Ah! Let's go to the kitchen and come up with some new desserts! I'm sure mom would appreciate having new and unique desserts to flaunt to her friends~!

Uhn~! Let's do that!

"Anne~! Maria-chan~ Let's go to the kitchen~"

"Eh? The kitchen? My lady... could you be..."

"Hehehe~ That's right! I want to come up with some new desserts~!"

"That won't do my lady!"

An unexpected reply!!!

"E-Eh? B-But why?!

"My lady... Have mercy on our pastry chefs, please... They've already got their hands full with mastering the newest batch of desserts you came up with. They're still learning how to control their magic to be able to recreate the processes needed to make them. If you add anymore..."

"U-Uhn... Please give them more time, Alterisa-sama..."

I see... Well, I guess I did make desserts that need specific temperature control like things using icings or ice creams...

But this would be good training for them too, I guess... There are a lot of desserts you can make if you can make ice cream and icings, so good luck~!

"I see... I understand. Then, I'll go to my lab and experiment to make new scents for my shampoo."

"I understand. Then, I shall prepare for it. Maria, please help my lady dress up."

"Yes! Please leave it to me, Anne-neesama~!"

"Kh! I-I'm still not used to you calling me that in front of my lady..."

"Ehehehe~ Why not~? Isn't that cute, Anne-neesama~?"