Chapter 119 ~ Upcoming Event

The Annual Royal Academy Tournament.

Every student who wishes to stand out amongst their peers and show off their prowess in magic and combat have been working hard towards this once-in-a-year event. And those who didn't still looked forward to this exciting event since they could watch spectacular magic duels between the best of the best in the royal academy.

It's also one of the biggest events in "Lovely Happenings". Not because of the exciting magic duels, but because this event will decide which route the heroine would enter.

In the game, despite being quite skilled with her magic, she decided not to join the tournament. Instead, she wishes to support the capture target she had chosen after going on "test dates" during the Spring Holiday Festival.

The chosen capture target would then win the tournament, "against all odds", and the heroine would officially enter his route. There's even a whole scene with incredible art and music when the heroine congratulates her chosen capture target and gives them a hug in the midst of her excitement.

It was an extremely important event, but only because it's the event where the heroine would choose which route she'll enter. The tournament itself wasn't that important, and thus, not much regarding the details and rules about the event was explained.

Despite having played the game, the first time I had ever heard about the rules of the tournament was right now, when I would be participating in the tournament in real life.

Essentially an open qualifier would be held a week before the tournament. During that time, students who wished to enter the tournament could participate in the open qualifiers.

The best eight students would then participate in the tournament along with the other eight exemplary students, who were chosen by the teachers for their abilities and skills.

The capture targets and villainesses, except for Alterisa, were of course chosen immediately by the teachers due to their incredible skill with magic and swords.

That's why, the game didn't really elaborate the details about the tournament. After all, it doesn't matter to the heroine's romance story.

Hah... It's like everything related to the heroine is making it harder for me in this life.

Oh well, at least, I won't have to deal with her during this tournament. Just like in the otome game, the heroine didn't participate in the tournament. I don't know if she's just not confident, she's too lazy to do it, or she believes that she needs to stay uninvolved in the tournament and simply support her chosen capture target to win his heart.

I'm a bit glad, since that means she won't be able to play victim and frame me when I crush her. But I'm also a bit disappointed... Since I won't be able to crush her.

But, that doesn't matter. No matter who she chooses... I'll trample them under my feet and Fubuki's cute little paws.

If she chooses Keith, I'll destroy him with melee combat. After all, he's the mage type. He won't be able to handle my spears. The result would be the same if she chooses Wilhelm.

If she chooses Luke, I'll destroy him with magic at range with Fubuki's help. His little sword won't even reach me.

If she chooses Lu-ni... Well, I'm just going to say my condolences for her in advance. Because she won't survive Lily's wrath...

And if she chooses Alex...

My hands unconsciously clenched into fists from the mere thought of it. My chest suddenly felt somehow... tight, and I'm sure it wasn't because of my bra since I just recently bought a bigger one.