Chapter 54 ~ Dress Haul

"Rosaria, bring out the blue dress! Anne, bring me the blue diamond necklace! Maria-chan, bring me the earrings! The rest of you, come help me with her hair!"

""Yes, my mistress!!""

T-T-This is madness!!!! W-Why is my room like a battlefield?!?!?!

The first batch of the dresses my mom ordered for me had just arrived this morning, and now, mom is shouting orders to her personal maid, my personal maids, and all the other available housekeepers to get me change and try out various dresses as well as styling my hair and choosing accessories that would fit the dress.

I understand that this is very important. The Kingdom's Founding Festival is one of the most important events in our kingdom. Yes, I understand it very well...

But I'm seriously still not used to this! I've never done this kind of thing in my past life!!! I just wear a generic t-shirt and pants in my house, and a better looking shirt and long pants when I go out. My hair is never long, and I don't really care for accessories. So this is just plain torture!

THIS IS THE SIXTH DRESS I TRIED OUT TODAY!!! AND IT'S STILL NOT LUNCH YET!!!!

We've been at it since the moment we finished breakfast! I've been dressed up, had my hairstyle changed, and had accessories put on around my neck, wrists, ankles, and ears!

Every set felt like forever. But that's not even the end. After that, I had to pose like how my mom or our maids requested!

How could any girl withstand this?!?!?!

"Kyaaa~ You look even cuter in this~! How is that possible~!!!!!"

"Alterisa-sama~! You're so beautiful~!!"

"My lady... You're a Goddess..."

"Uhn! My lady, please tilt your head 30 degrees to the left!!"

"Good idea, Maria-chan!!! Go on, honey! Let mommy and everyone see how cute you are!!!"

U-Uuughhhh.... H-Help... M-My neck's cramping...

I-I've been doing this for so long, and my mother and everyone who had been helping me change, style my hair, and put on my accessories must be even more tired.

BUT WHY IS EVERYONE SO FULL OF ENERGY!!!! ESPECIALLY MOM! SHE'S SHINING SO BRIGHTLY! SHE BECAME EVEN MORE ENERGETIC AS WE GO!!

I wanted to stop, or at least rest... But, we still had a lot of dresses to go through, and I can't betray those sparkling eyes filled with happiness, joy, anticipation, and excitement!

Kuh... Curse my heart of a prince that couldn't betray the expectations of beautiful ladies...

"Woooooowwww~!!! Nee-cha~!!! You're so pretty~!!!!"

"Kyuuu~!

Ah... T-Thank you, Kiara... You're so sweet... Fubuki as well... You two look so comfortable on the bed...

But, I can't give up now! With my little sister here, I need to set an example of a perfect noble lady. Yes... I shall go through this path of thorns for my beloved family...

I looked at mom who was excitedly discussing which dress I should try next with her maid, Anne, and the others. She was smiling so brightly that I couldn't help but smile as well.

Dad hasn't been able to spend time with her as much since the preparations for the Kingdom's Founding Festival began to ramp up. Sometimes, he'd even had to stay the night in the castle from the sheer amount of things he needed to oversee and manage as the prime minister.