Chapter 107 ~ How Strange...

[Alterisa POV]

Hm... It's so quiet... So peaceful... How strange...

Somehow, despite Aria's presence in the academy, I was having quite a peaceful life in the academy... Which is unsettling.

The first few weeks of the academy was supposed to be an event flag galore where the heroine would trigger all the capture targets' flags before choosing a route she wanted to dive into later on. It was basically a reverse harem until she picked a route.

That means, she should've been triggering flags left and right, and I would definitely notice it because some of them would be directly related to Alterisa...

For example, in the first few days of the academy, Aria would've coincidentally met with Alex frequently when he was trying to avoid Alterisa.

Because of those meetings, Alexus, who was tired of being pestered by the overbearing, spoiled, and annoying Alterisa, would feel healed by the heroine's innocence, honesty, and cheerfulness. And when Alterisa found out he had been meeting with the heroine, she would begin bullying her, making Alexus despise her even more.

Similarly, Lucas would also find the heroine's presence healing and comforting because he had been dealing with Alterisa's shenanigans.

But now, none of that happens. Or rather, Alexus was the one who'd always approach me to have lunch or to walk around the academy garden after school.

Lu-nii was also trying his best to avoid her. After all, he already "belongs" to Lily (Hana) and he doesn't want any business with the reincarnated heroine. But the heroine did nothing to chase after him...

No, maybe she tried when I wasn't looking, but nothing seemed to come out of it.

The same thing has been happening to the other capture targets.

Keith has been approached multiple times, but he kept avoiding her and nothing happened after that. Luke has been escaping with his speed every time she tried approaching him, which was quite effective, given no one is faster than him aside from me and maybe Alexus.

While Wilhelm was cooped up in the library or engrossed in his magic training that even the heroine wouldn't even be able to find him even if she wanted to.

Even so, knowing that heroine's personality, it's hard to believe that she'll just give up like that...

In fact, I've noticed her becoming more and more frustrated as days passed. She had been saying things like "How unlucky am I getting?" or "What are the f*cking chances of that?!" and the like...

Well... I should be happy that none of those events are triggering, right?

Umu. I'm getting the peaceful school life together with my best friends that I have been wishing for. I should have fun.

Of course, I would still be cautious and prepared in case the heroine decided to do some drastic things.

On a brighter note, I've been noticing something... interesting.

I've seen Evelyn meeting up with Keith recently. Well, I've actually only seen it once, but it was still pretty surprising.

Ever since I've introduced both of them to each other when they coincidentally visited me at the same time, I've never actually seen them together alone without me. They're friends because of me, sure, and their relationship as the children of a ducal household may bring them closer together. But none of them have ever told me about each other.

If I wasn't the one who introduced them to each other, I would've thought they're mere acquaintances.

But yesterday, I saw them talking to each other in the hallway while I was on my way to the dining hall along with Illya, Valerie-chan, Celine, and Elise. They're pretty far away and pretty hidden behind a pillar, so I don't think anyone but me noticed them.