🐾 JEALOUSY

CHAPTER 5

"Jeon Jungkook? Is that you?" The man looks to me from inside the haul truck that he's parking outside of my new house.

"Yes! That's me. Park anywhere and we can move the boxes out to the lawn." I smile to the man and head to my driveway that he's pulling into.

I've been living on my own since I was around eleven. My parents... they never knew they had DNA of hybrids in them since they had never fully grew animalistic sides for some reason. They tried to love me but were too petrified of what they had created so ever since they kicked me out at eleven, I've roomed with an orphanage and then some friends but now that I'm eighteen, I can be given my own house legally with the government and orphanage's help.

I adjust the black baseball cap, the same one I've always worn since I left my home at eleven, to make sure the wind doesn't blow it off. The last thing I need is for this haul driver to see a man with animal ears.

I wince at the loud beeping as the truck backs up into the driveway, my ears too sensitive for such a loud sound.

"Perfect, thank you." I throw a thumbs up to the kind worker and we head back together to unload my boxes.

After an hour of unloading, I sign some papers and head inside to my new house. It's small but very nice with an upstairs, two bedrooms, one bathroom, a living room connected to a kitchen that even has an island and a small backyard out back.

"Sick." I grin, seeing nice sleek black furniture including a leather couch, two matching leather recliners and a black coffee table in the center of the living room as well as a TV that's already set up on the wall.

The small, white marble dining table looks great on the black tile flooring in the kitchen, everything already set up other than my own belongings thanks to the orphanage who had helped in funding this place for me since they helped take care of me when my parents kicked me out at such a young age. As much as they tried to take legal action, my parents weren't able to be found so they had taken me in for about three years and then allowed me to move in with a group of soon to be first year high schoolers who also didn't have parents but wanted to live on their own, so they provided a small house for us and checked up on us weekly.

What kind people they were to help us mature and get on our feet

I finish unpacking the last boxes and decide to go out to get dinner to celebrate my new house.

"I'll be back later guys, oka-" I pause and bring my hand down that was waving back to my friends who I no longer live with, my smile fading as I remember I really am on my own now.

I laugh it off and throw my leather jacket on.

As I open my door to leave, I hear a voice. A girl laughing and saying goodbye to somebody as she leaves the house next door and for a moment, I smile at how cute her laugh sounds.

And the smile lasts for not a second longer than that moment because the next thing I see is Y/n leaving the house next door.

"WHAT-" I slap my hand across my mouth and slam my door shut, shocked.

"Absolutely not. We are not doing this today- this is not happening to me." I sigh and take a deep breath in, glancing out my door to see her as she waves goodbye once more to presumably her parents as she gets into her car.

I watch as she drives off and I blink a few times, a weird feeling washing over me.

I wish I had parents to say goodbye to as I leave and to be greeted with when I come home...

I sigh, my back resting against the closed door as I close my eyes, remembering the past.

The way I would watch Y/n run to her parents after school when we were little kids. The way they would bring her ice cream on hot days and greet her with hugs. Even in middle school I would watch with jealousy as her parents picked her up from school. She would talk about all the trips she went on with them and all the fun memories they had made together.

But that was back then.

When Y/n and I were friends.

But little did she know how jealous I was of her having parents who loved her so much. It filled me with sadness and jealousy, a wanting for the love she received, the care she was given. I still remember the day that I saw her crying, the day she ran to me and said she was sad but I couldn't bring myself to care.

"Go cry to your parents." I told her.

She had burst into tears as I pushed her away and left the courtyard, we were only in eighth grade and ever since then we've hated one another.

The guilt that I feel is immense but it will never be enough to make me stop hating her. The feeling of jealousy I had was too much and now I can't stop taking out my anger on her.

But it doesn't matter because at the end of the day, she has a family to cry to about these things and I never will.

She doesn't know how lucky she is.

I sigh, wiping a tear away that had fallen down my face and leave to go get takeout for dinner.

________________________________

Oooo sad backstory time 😳

THIS IS GONNA BE A DOUBLE UPDATE SINCE YALL DIDN'T GET ONE YESTERDAY SINCE I WAS TOO BUSY!! SO THE NEXT CHAPTER IS OUT TONIGHT AS WELL 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗