🐾 WARM

CHAPTER 15

We step outside the building, rain immediately pelting us as cold wind smacks against our skin. I don't hesitate to untie the jacket that's around my waist and slip Jungkook's arms through, putting it on him and zipping it up. I pet out some of the rain from off of his flattened ears and flip the hood up, tying the strings in hopes of blocking out as much rain and wind that I can from his already sick body.

His long black tail that I'm amazed to see for the first time sways back and forth slowly, weakly, out from underneath the bottom.

I unbuckle and pull off the chilled leather leash from around his neck.

"Y-Y/n-" His tall body crashes into mine, his large blood stained hands gripping my thin
t-shirt that's already becoming soaked again.

His body trembles, both from the shock that he's in and from the cold of the night. I pull him in closer, my hand slipping up the back of his neck into the base of his hair, his head buried in the crook of my neck as my other hand rubs his back soothingly.

Sobs start up again, his body shaking against mine and I don't hold back anymore as I cry out as well, whispering his name over and over while I grip him tight to me as if he'd disappear. His tall form incases my own body but he's the one who needs to be held.

"C-cold." He shivers, sniffling against my neck and I couldn't care less that his tears and runny nose are all over my shoulder.

My hands feel almost numb from the cold rain.

Only a thin, now totally soaked through t-shirt clings to my body almost more tightly than Jungkook's body itself. I regain my senses as my legs begin to shake, my shorts doing absolutely nothing to protect me from this weather that I didn't expect.

"Y/n, y-you'll get s-sick. Body so c-cold." He whines after feeling my freezing neck against his cheek, his body now turning me so that the rain is hitting against his back instead of mine.

"That's okay sweetheart, I feel warm now that I have you in my presence again." I grin widely and I can feel his lips tug up as well against my cheek into a weak smile.

"Let's get you out of here, Jungkook." I whisper, nearby city lights dancing lightly across our bodies as he nods and slowly pulls away.

I slink my arm around his thin waist so that I can help him walk and so that he also gets whatever body heat is left in me. The last thing I'm worried about is catching a cold when I've just rescued a kidnapped and abused man that I had last seen two year ago.

We wordlessly walk, me hushing him constantly since he needs all of his energy for the long walk back to my car. The last thing he needs is to cry again in this rain.

"My car broke down, that's why we have to walk. I can explain everything later but right now I need to get you safely back to the car and to find a tow truck." I rub his back and he nods.

Finally making it to the car, I get him into the back  seat and lay him down as well as covering him with a spare blanket I had packed in case of an emergency (not an emergency quite like this) but I'm thankful to be in this situation.

"Here, eat everything you want to eat in this bag. Water is in there as well." I pull the bag out of the passenger's seat and before I can even hand it to him, I hear strong sniffing from behind me and a hand snatches the bag from me.

Within minutes he's wordlessly devoured all of the snacks I had packed and drank one bottle of water. I grin and motion for him to sit up and come closer to me. He does as told and I move the blanket, unzip the soaked jacket and help him take it off.

"Is it okay if I take your shirt off? It's all soaked and you'll get sick wearing it. You can wrap the blanket around you." I ask and he nods, allowing me to help strip it off before tossing it to the car floor just like how I did to the jacket.

I wince at the sight of marks all over his torso and chest, scars and new scratches and bruises scattered across his skin.

I don't realize that he sees me staring as he suddenly speaks up.

"I-I'm sorry." He sniffles, his arms crossing to cover his scars and bruises from me as he looks away.

I swallow, tears threatening to fall violently as I softly grip his arm, squeezing is lightly to reassure him. All he needs is to be babied and given affection after coming out of two years of whatever abuse and hell he had just gone through.

"Koo, baby. Please don't ever apologize for any of this or for what you look like. You're just as handsome as you ever were... just as breathtaking as you were two years ago when I last saw you." I sadly grin, biting my lip as I try not to cry out again.

This is too much to handle but I wouldn't want the situation any other way. The fact that I found him by chance is astonishing and I will forever be thankful that I was led back to him.

His now dry ears perk up slightly, his glossy doe eyes staring up into mine.

"Really? Y-you mean it?" His voice cracks.

I sniffle, my mouth dropping open as I start to breath in shakily while my eyes become blurry with tears falling. I try to answer but I can only sob out, my body trembling in the front seat as I stare into his eyes that I've always wished to see again.

I cover my face with one of my hands, overwhelmed with too many emotions and begin letting everything out. All the frustration, anxiety, depression and constant fears that I've had for the past two years because of his disappearance leave my body.

"Y/n..." Jungkook whispers to me, his cold thin hand shakily petting down my hair and occasionally his fingers run through it as well.

He tucks one side of my wet hair behind my ear and leans in closer from the back seat, his hand on the back of my head as he leans me in to rest against his shoulder as I continue to cry just as hard.

"Now I'm t-the one who's got you." He whispers in a hoarse voice.

After a few more minutes of him calming me down, we slowly pull away. I grab the blanket next to him and wrap it around him, handing him the other bottle of water and sighing deeply to calm my breathing.

I see that he's still cold so I slowly bring my hand up to his ear, he flinches at first but leans into my touch as I rub it and pet them both so that they don't turn into cat ear icicles.

He smiles, his eyes closing while a low purr radiates from his chest and I feel fine now. I feel as if everything is and will be fine for now on.

I have him back and I will protect him at any cost.

"The tow truck and taxi are here. Let's go home, Jungkook."

______________________________

I WAS RLLY WRITING THIS AND HAD TO PAUSE BECAUSE I WAS LIKE FUCK IM TEARING UP

also!
new fanfic will be dropping sometime tonight😳 surprise itll be a short 15 chapter one probably