🐾 SECRET

CHAPTER 7

I calm my breathing and soften my expression, slowly nodding.

"Ow! Okay- okay, Jungkook. I promise it's a secret." I wince out, his claws digging into my arms.

"Shit!" He mutters and immediately lets go, backing away.

We both stare at one another, still on the floor in front of the couch. Even though I'm practically going into cardiac arrest, I decide to make the first move. I stand up slowly as to not frighten Jungkook any more and hold my hand out for him. He slowly takes it cautiously and stands.

We sit back down on the couch and after a few moments of thinking, I decide to tend to his wounds without further questioning him.

Pulling the box over, I grab out disinfectant spray and wipes as well as bandages and bandaids.

"I won't ask questions and this'll stay between us. Let me help you though, please." I stare into his eyes that are now changing back into his regular shape and brown color as he calms down.

He hesitantly nods and I proceed in using a damp wash cloth to dab away the blood left on his face. Taking the disinfectant, I spray and wipe where I need and then rub a healing ointment onto his scrapes and cuts as well as taping on small square bandage patches to where he needs them the most.

Once I finish with his face, I nervously glance up a few times at his fluffy, large black cat ears.

How did he grow these things?!

He studies my every move with nervousness as I cautiously bring my hand up to his ears, him slightly backing away at first but he then straightens back up while watching me intensely.

I look from his focused eyes back up to his cat ears and softly touch the fur, moving his hair a bit to check if he's injured at all. His breathing starts to pick up as I touch his other ear and a low growl begins to radiate from him.

I glance back to his eyes that are now slits again, my face straight and serious.

"I'm not scared of you, Jungkook. Just curious. I am also not going to harm you in any way, okay? You have a cut on this ear." I calmly reply to his growling and intense gaze that won't leave my face.

I slowly grab a disinfectant spray and spray some on the wash cloth, slowly moving back up to the cut on his ear and dabbing, his ear twitching from the sting.

As calm as I'm being, my heart doesn't stop racing.

I trail my eyes up my arm, small purple marks bruising me freshly from his claws just like from that time in school, the old bruises just starting to fade away.

Even though he's human he still has claws, cat ears, cat eyes and can growl... who knows what else he can do and how aggressive he can be...

I take a deep breath in as I finish cleaning his ear's wound and wipe the sweat from my forehead, nervousness washing over me as the reality of this situation starts to sink in.

"Your heart rate- if you don't calm down, you will pass out within the next five minutes." He states monotonous, not breaking his intense stare from my own.

"How do you... know that?" I furrow my brow.

"I'm a hybrid. My hearing is so heightened that I can hear your heartbeat right now. Trust me on this and... I won't hurt you so stop panicking." He sighs, standing and walking to the kitchen to fill a glass with water which he then hands me when he comes back.

I drink it all in one go and set it down, looking to him one last time.

"I've never heard of a hybrid before but your secret is safe with me. I won't ask questions." I stick my hand out and he nods, shaking it as we agree together in understanding that this is a secret we will keep.

"Thank you, for helping me. I mean it." He squeezes my hand once before letting go.

"If something like that happens again, you can always come get me or come to my house as well." I give him a small smile and we nod to one another, saying a silent goodbye as I leave.

I notice his usual black hat he wears tattered and ripped up in the road.

I grab the cake from my car and place it inside my fridge for Jin and I's celebration tomorrow for him and head back out to my car, driving off to a nearby store to pick something up.

When I arrive home, it's dark and late out. I quickly gather what I had bought and get out, walking to Jungkook's porch and setting down the box containing a new black baseball hat I had bought him, similar to his old one.

I ring the doorbell twice and run off to my own house before he can see me, still slightly embarrassed at my actions towards him since he's supposed to be the one person I despise.

But things are different now.

I jump into bed and throw the covers over me, millions of thoughts and questions running through my mind.

Does he have a tail?

Can he meow?

What if he shits in a litter box?

I turn off my lamp and decide to not pry into his life since it seems a lot more complex than what it seems on the outside. I lay there for a while, tossing and turning with a headache from all my thoughts.

My neighbor is a cat!

The next morning at school, neither Jungkook nor I spoke to one another.

Nor did we ever speak for the rest of our school year.

Every day, he would wear the black hat I had bought him and his last words to me were 'thank you' written on a sticky note that was placed on my locker.

_______________________________

This chapter lowkey ended kinda sad but I promise this wont be a sad book at all, just here and there for the dramatics yknow?

Only one more chapter until the time skip is two years later AHHHH im so excited I feel like thisll be a long book tbh i want a lot of cute and fun things to happen as well as hella smut🤩