🐾 EARS

CHAPTER 6

"Y/n!" Lia yells as I enter.

"Hello! I'm back again, here to pick up a cake for Jin since he's leaving soon for college out of state." I grin and pull out my cash, Lia ringing up my order.

"Your brother's going to be a veterinarian, right?" She sets the 'congratulations' cake in a box.

"Yes! He'll be gone for a couple years and will come back for holidays." I sadly smile, knowing  that i'll greatly miss him.

"How exciting! Tell him that I wish him the best of luck and safe travels!" She hands me the box.

"You got it! Thank you, I'll see you soon again." I grin, waving as I leave and go home.

Setting the box down next to me as I park in my driveway, my head jerks up to the sound of yelling and swearing outside.

"Fucking freak! No way these are real." A man says.

"Well, let's see. If he bleeds then I guess they are." Another chuckles.

I watch in shock as one of the three men tap their phone and a loud high pitch sound plays from it making the man in the middle fall to the ground while covering his head.

What the fuck is going on?!

They throw his hat away into the road, the man trying to protect himself from the three others by covering his head as they kick him.

"Fuck no." I mutter, anger in my veins as I rip my purse open and grab exactly what I need, rushing out of the car and running to the group.

"You have three fucking seconds to stop and leave." I warn, the men momentarily pausing their kicks and punches to check me out, a couple whistles and chuckles being heard.

"And who are you, babe?" One asks.

"1..."

"Fuck out of here, you bitch." The other chuckles as he kicks the man again, a whine coming from him.

"2..."

"You aren't going to do shit." The third says as he pulls out a switch blade from his pocket and grips something on the mans head who's curled up on the ground, about to cut something off.

"3."

I kick the man with the switch blade directly in the face, his nose breaking in the process as he yells out in pain. Gripping my bottle, I pepper spray the other two and they scream in pain, backing away. I push them back a few more times until they're crying in pain together on the ground and I take my chance to help the bloody faced man on the ground.

"It's okay! I've got you, you're safe now!" I rush to his side, his body trembling and hands covering his head.

"What happened? Do you need an ambulance I can call one if you-" I freeze mid sentence, my eyes focusing on his bloodied features.

"Jungkook?!" I gasp and in an instant he's gripping onto me, his arms tightly wrapped around my neck as he clings to me.

"I-inside. Get me inside, now." He looks to the house next to him.

"Do you... live here?" I look to him in shock, noticing that the 'for sale' sign has been taken down that I was used to seeing.

He weakly nods and I decide to save asking questions for later, it doesn't matter if he's my enemy and it doesn't matter that I've just learned such surprising news.

What matters is that I get him away from these awful people and somewhere safe, especially since he's bleeding.

"Hold on around me and slowly stand up, okay?" I grip under his arms to help him stand, my heart rate beating rapidly due to how shocked and upset I am from this situation.

No one deserves this treatment.

"T-thank you..." He trembles as he stands up with me, wobbly legs walking next to mine up to his door and into his house.

I help him sit on his couch and I hurriedly shut his door and lock it, noticing that the other men are already gone. Jogging to his kitchen, I find a box that's not unpacked yet that holds medical equipment like bandaids and disinfectant sprays in it.

Thank God-

Grabbing the entire box and some wash cloths, I head back over to Jungkook who is slowly calming down. I sit next to him on the couch and check out his wounds. His forehead is pretty scratched up from the kicks, as well as his cheeks and chin. His nose is even bleeding a bit.

I sigh, upset to see something like this happen to him.

"Can you please explain what that was all about? I'm very confused and worried. Why did they want to cut your hair off as well-" My breath gets caught in my throat as I glance up to his hair, my eyes widening.

"Ears.... you have c-cat ears." I calmly stutter out, his eyes widening 10x bigger than my own.

"FUCK!" His hands cup the ears, failing to completely hide what I've already seen.

My eyes dart from his, back up to his half covered cat ears, then back to his eyes again and I scream out, trying to back away but end up falling onto the floor.

"YOUR EYES!" I shriek and point.

"I KNOW!" He squeezes his eyes shut, his hands trembling as his hands grip his ears and hair.

He starts to hyperventilate as he suddenly grips my own arms, pulling me closer, a growl radiating from his throat as his black slit cat eyes stare into my trembling ones.

"Do not ever tell anyone..." He growls in a low voice but as he stares into my terrified and confused eyes he softens, his eyes tearing up, "please..." His whimpers out, tears starting to fall.

_____________________________

OOOO STUFF IS STARTING TO PICK UP NOW

this chappy was so long i had to split it into two oopsies

i hope yall are liking this dynamic so far because stuff is about to really pick up and the main storyline is finally taking place now!