🐾 GRADUATION

CHAPTER 8

"GOOD MORNING TO MY GRADUATING SIS!"

I rub my eyes and peak them open to see my older brother twirling around in my graduation gown.

"Jin, what time is it?" I yawn, confused as to why he would think that waking me up before my alarm went off was a good idea in any capacity.

No exceptions

"AH! I'll throw it back! Don't you dare-" He warns as I go against his words, throwing my pillow full force at him and it knocks the cap off.

"Why would you wake me up before my alarm?" I giggle as he stumbles back on impact.

He snatches the fluffy pillow from the ground and starts winding up his arm to give me a good ole smack. I dodge him, running out of bed and down the stairs to the kitchen, hiding behind the island in the center.

I perk up at the tasty smell in the air.

"I made you a special breakfast! It's an exciting day since you graduate high school tonight!" He beams, following me downstairs and tossing the pillow at me as he walks past to get to the stove.

Okay, one exception

I grin, my hand sneakily tickling his ankle as I sit behind him, still on the floor and his leg jerks backwards as he tries to kick me.

"Go sit at the table, you gremlin." He chuckles, flipping the pancakes and I comply.

"Finished! Your graduation breakfast is served!" Plates are placed in front of me as he sets them down one after another.

"Woah, this looks amazing, Jin! Thank you." I breathe in the scents of all the different hot breakfast foods in front of me, plates of pancakes, biscuits with gravy, bacon, hash browns, ham and even a dessert cover the table.

He brings two glasses of orange juice over and our own plates so that we can dig in.

"I'm so proud of you, Y/n. I really am, you've done so well in school and now you can have a great summer before college." He places some ham onto my plate.

"Thanks Jin, I'm really proud of you too for getting into that college you've always dreamt of going to. You're going to be a great vet some day! I know you're leaving tomorrow to go to campus but even while you're here at home, you started studying early out of the new text books for your soon to be classes. I want to be that dedicated in college too." I praise my hardworking brother.

He ruffles my hair in that cliche brotherly way and we finish eating.

After showering and getting ready for my graduation ceremony, I leave with Jin to head to my high school. Of course, as soon as I step out of the car I see him.

Jungkook steps out of his own car right next to mine and locks eyes with me.

"Hey." He blinks awkwardly, both of us unsure of what to say after not speaking for almost the entire past school year ever since his hybrid side was exposed to me.

"Hey, congrats Jungkook." I smile kindly, sort of happy to talk to him again.

As much as I had hated him when we did talk, I realized I missed it and would rather go back to the arguing than not talking at all. It's like we became strangers after I had found out about his extraordinary secret.

"Let's sign in and head to our seats." He smiles and I nod.

As he turns and leads the way, Jin elbows me and gives me a look.

"Isn't that our hot neighbor?!" He whispers.

Okay, he's not ugly but I'm not agreeing on hot

"Yes, our neighbor. He's a senior too." I inform him as us three head into the school and sign in before wordlessly heading back out to the football field that has our senior class' seats set up, family and friends filling up the bleachers.

"Hello, congratulations! What's your name?" The teacher asks who's directing us to our chairs since we sit in last name order.

"Thank you! It's Kim Y/n." I watch him flip through papers before leading me to a row right near the middle.

I thank him and sit, chatting with the students around me as we wait for the ceremony to begin. Once it does, name after name is read off and students walk individually to get their diploma from the principal who's standing at the front of the field, in front of the bleachers.

"Kim Y/n!" The announcer reads off my name and I stand nervously, looking around a bit at smiling and cheering classmates as I walk out of my row to go down the field to the front and my eyes glance past Jungkook for a split second but he sure is grinning and cheering for me loudly.

I grin at his stupid cheering and walk to the front, being given my diploma and standing for a professional individual photo of me holding it up. I leave for the seats that are set up for us on the end of the large field for after we get our diploma.

I text Jin who's spamming me 'congratulations' texts as well as videos and photos that he took of me while more names are read off. They get closer to the end and my heart beats rapidly for Jungkook as his name is read off.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Is announced and everyone goes crazy for him, probably the most liked and well known guy in our grade.

I smile like crazy and instantly cheer for him as he receives his own diploma. For some very odd reason, I feel happy now to see him. Happy to be able to graduate with him and happy to soon share the stage with him for our speech.

The last names are read off and Jungkook sits next to me for the last students who get called.

"And now, a speech from our valedictorians, Jeon Jungkook and Kim Y/n."

EDIT: GUYS I FORGOT JK ORIGINALLY HAD BAD GRADES AND I KNOW THERE'S ONLY ONE VALEDICTORIAN IRL BUT JUST GO WITH IT FOR MY SAKE 💀 screaming from embarrassment rn over fucking up this chapter 😭😫

________________________________

since i didn't have time to post yesterday night i'm posting another chapter after this one in a few minutes!

i was up two days straight during finals art homework and almost passed out so that's why i didn't post😩