Resistance

(Soleil's POV)

Soleil groaned as she put on some sweatpants, her right leg was still tender despite being more than a few hours since she has been shot. Then again, bullet wounds always healed slower than when she got lacerations and bruises.

She shook her head and sighed, ridding herself from thinking about it anymore since it would not help speed up the healing process anyway. Soleil stepped out of her closet, leaving the room to head back to the workshop where Tony was still working on the maintenance of his suit. But as soon as she got down to the atrium a familiar scent made her aware that she was not the only one here before she began to look around.

Then an ear piercing sound erupted and Soleil could not even let out a scream, as she fell to the floor trembling. The sound deafening to her heighten hearing sense, as her cat ears began to twitch uncontrollably.

"What do we have here?" Soleil managed to hear despite the ringing in her ears, from her spot on the floor she looked up and saw Obadiah. "What are you, Ms. Soleil Marcella? A mutant? An abomination of beastiality that managed to survive? Hm...A human experiment."

If Soleil did not violently twitched at the last guess, she may not have seen Obadiah's smile widen.

"How interesting? Tony has found himself quite the specimen to keep under his care." Obadiah grinned. "Though I'm not into that field of work, I could understand why people would be tempted by you, Soleil."

"F—Fuck...Y-Y ..Y-You!" Soleil managed to get out as her cat ears began to bleed.

Obadiah did not seem to pay her comment any mind. "Fortunately for you, I'm here for Tony. But it was nice knowing you, kitty cat."

Obadiah; who she found out is surprisingly strong for an older guy, picked her up by the back of her neck and proceeded smash her head against the upstairs staircase's railing. Right on her left temple and rendering her unconscious.

(Tony's POV)

Tony looked up from his work on the suit and started to wonder what was taking Soleil so long, since she just went up to put on some sweatpants. Since he had to rip her other ones to treat her wound, plus they got covered in blood.

He knew it should not have taken her 15 minutes to do such a task, so he got up and went upstairs.

Entering the atrium he called out to her thinking that she might have been in the kitchen. "Sol."

But he received no answer, making him confused and a small bit worried. He was about to go upstairs but a phone ringing somewhere by the couch got his attention, so he went to check on that first. Once he got to the couch Tony lifted the blanket that was on there and found the phone underneath. He checked the collar ID and saw that it was Pepper, before he sat down and answered it.

Bringing it to his ear before he froze when an ear piercing sound rang through his eardrums, and he began to tremble as his body settled itself leaning back on the couch.

-Tony? Tony. Soleil? Sol?- He heard Pepper calling out to for either of them. -Anyone there? Hello?-

Was the last thing he heard before the phone was taken from his hand and Pepper was hung up on.

"Breathe. Easy, easy." Obadiah said as he rested his head against the back of the couch before showing off a device Tony had invented some time ago. "You remember this one, right? It's a shame the government didn't approve it. There's so many applications for causing short-term paralysis. Tony. When I ordered the hit on you, I worried that I was killing the golden goose. But, you see, it was just fate that you survived that. You had one last golden egg to give."