Tension

(Soleil's POV)

They all stood in their spots, watching as the power faded from the suit that Ultron was controlling before the lights went out completely. No one made any movement after that until Soleil took a step, and then another as she made her way to grab her right sword from the head of the robot she threw it at.

She walked with a limp because somewhere during the fighting, one of her heels broke but that was the least of her worries. Soleil pushed over the torso so that it would lay on its back in order for her to pull the Khopesh from the head of the Legionnaire before taking a look around at the mess which was made.

She then looked toward the team with a half-hearted smile. "It's a good thing I wasn't planning on asking you all to help clean up. The cleaners, on the other hand, will be receiving a generous tip."

"This isn't the time for jokes, Soleil." Steve frowned as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"Yes, of course. My apologies, Star boy." Soleil smirked as she waved her swords flippantly before making them disappear and walking over to Tony who was seated on the steps. She knelt down in front of him, looking up at his face, and used her telepathy. "What happened?"

"I'm not quite sure." Tony told her. "You know as well as I do that Jarvis said he would keep us updated."

"Where is Jarvis, by the way?" Soleil furrowed her brows as she tilted her head to the side. "We haven't heard from him since then."

Tony's brows pinched -oh, how she hated that expression on his face- before his eyes widened and he grabbed her hand, helping her up as he spoke. "Come with me."

Soleil did not protest and quickly fell into pace beside Tony so he would not be dragging her behind him, neither caring at the stares they were getting as they moved across the room.

They passed Maria who was supporting Rhodey for a moment, Tony and Soleil walked by them and Rhodey turned around while calling out. "Where are you two going?"

"To check on something." Tony declared without looking back as they rushed to make their way down to the lab. Once they got there, Tony and Soleil were not entirely surprised that the Sceptre was missing. They would have been more surprised if it were still there.

Tony let go of her hand and walked over to the table where the Sceptre was once at, resting his hands on the countertop and exhaling forcefully as he bowed his head. Soleil came up behind him and rubbed some small circles on his back in form of support and he turned to give her a small smile as thanks.

"We'll probably need to analyze the Legionnaire Ultron took control of and gather the team down here." Soleil said.

"You're right." Tony nodded.

"I'll go and do that, probably will change as well." Soleil stated as she bent down, removing her broken heel, and then switched feet to take the other off before looking back at Tony. "You check on Jarvis and what else is missing. I can't imagine that the Sceptre is the only thing he would have taken."

"Yeah. Yeah. You're right." Tony nodded, responding almost robotically which made Soleil put down her heels on the table and cup his face to turn him to her.

"We'll get through this, together." Soleil looked into his eyes, gold meeting brown ones.

"We always do." Tony said fondly.

"I have your back."

"And I've got yours."

"I love you, Sweetheart."

"I love you too, Honey."

They shared a quick kiss before pulling away and moving off to do the task they had at hand. Soleil quickly went back up to their room to change out of her evening attire and into something more comfortable, as she perceived that this would be a sleepless night.