A New Dawn

(Soleil's POV)

Shawarma was good, Soleil thought and the rest of the team seemed to share that notion as well.

Last night they all ate in silence, finally -truly- unwinding after a long fought battle against Loki and his Chitauri army. But the rest of the night was not easy for Soleil or Tony.

Things were different now, as their perspective has changed and during that night, neither her nor Tony slept. Instead they laid awake in bed holding each other, basking in each other's presence but their minds elsewhere.

Soleil had her thoughts set on the Tower, Stark Industries, the damage done to New York and its people. What they could do to help.

Tony had his mind set on New York and its people, how he could protect them -everyone-. His mind flashing to the things he's seen, that deep down he wished he never saw.

As day break came, Jarvis let the light shine through the window. Thankfully their room was livable but Soleil could not help but detest the feeling of being in the tower at the moment. It was too soon to think everything was back to normal as if the last 72 hours did not happen.

When Norse mythology was still a myth, where Soleil was not a descendant to the Egyptian Goddess Sekhmet and had to now think about her parents -her origin-. Where ...Phil was not dead but she would not put it past SHIELD to not try to find some way to resurrect him. She had a feeling SHIELD -Fury- would stoop that low to not let Phil Coulson rest in peace.

Then there was the fact that they are not alone in this universe, besides Norse Gods; Soleil was not sure anymore. Maybe the Egyptian Gods could be real too for all she knew, which was not much as it was beyond her comprehension. That fact aliens exist outside of earth and/or outside our universe; The Chitauri, was strong enough evidence to prove it. This was beyond her, beyond Tony, beyond any of them.

But they would have to do something, it is why SHIELD was working with the Tesseract. Why they are most likely going to work with Loki's sceptre now too. Why Tony's mind was racing a mile a minute because he knows.

We're not ready for another attack from extraterrestrials. Or whatever else is possibly out there.

Soleil watched as Tony got up and listlessly went about getting ready so that they could all meet up at Central Park to bid Thor -and Loki- farewell. Soleil knew he was suffering from his own inner turmoil and she did not want to add her thoughts onto him. He did not need that.

Though her mind was racing as well. Tony had almost died and Soleil was not sure how she was supposed to handle that. Palladium poisoning, she could handle that. There was wiggle room, a chance for him to survive. There was time to deal with it, and they did.

But this...That; Tony flying into a giant hole in the sky without any preamble, on his own terms. Being the hero she knew he was, and that fact..broke her heart.

Would she be able to take it if Tony tried to do something like that again? Would she be able to take it if he did not make it out alive the next time? Could she be able to make the decision he's made and sacrifice herself for the world?

She would like to think so, and if it was her in Tony's place; Soleil believes she would have done the same thing.

Soleil finished with her hair and went to their shared closet, to pick out some clothes to wear. Picking a white button up that was a cropped on one side and full length on the other. Blue jeans, some white low top shoes and some black oversized sunglasses.