Alpha and Bravo

(Soleil's POV)

The rest of the day was used to go over the details of their plan to bring down SHIELD and Hydra alike, and come morning on the 12th everything was ready. They were just waiting on the captain's orders but he was out at the moment.

Soleil found Sam heading toward the bridge of the dam and walked alongside him after greeting him. They never really had a chance to get to know each other, never able to find time in the last couple of hours so they walked in silence.

When they got outside, they saw Steve standing in the middle of the bridge just looking out as he was most likely lost in thought.

Soleil looked to Sam

Soleil looked to Sam. "Hey, if you don't mind. Can I talk to him first?"

"Yeah, of course." Sam nodded but quickly grabbed Soleil's wrist before she took another step. "Just..go easy on him."

"I'm not trying to get myself thrown off the dam, Sam." Soleil smirked.

Sam let out a small chuckle. "He wouldn't do that. It's not his thing."

"Seems like you two have known each other longer than I thought." Soleil covered her snicker with her free hand as she eyed Sam. "How long?"

"Couple days." Sam answered.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Interesting." Soleil nodded as she looked to Sam and then down at the hand that was still holding her wrist, a giggle escaping her. "Do you mind, I do have a boyfriend and though he won't ever admit it; he is the jealous type."

"Oh, sorry." Sam quickly let go. "And don't worry, I don't think I could ever compete with Mr. Stark."

"Don't say that." Soleil shook her head and smiled at him. "It depends on the girl. You might bring something to the table that he can't, whereas there are things he could bring that you can't."

"Yeah, like the whole table." Sam smirked and Soleil laughed as she turned away and headed towards Steve.

She stopped beside him and looked out over the dam for a moment before speaking. "I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't apologize, Soleil. I should be the one saying sorry for blowing up at you." Steve said.

"But you didn't."

"I almost did."

"Keyword; almost." Soleil grinned and Steve gave her a small smile before she continued on. "And I want to apologize more so for not putting even a little faith in your friend. I just don't have the best memories involving him."

Steve paled. "Did he...Oh my goodness...Did he hurt you in any way while you were trapped by Hydra, Soleil?"

"No. No." Soleil immediately put down. "Not physically. They threatened me by saying he would come and take over my torture session when I chose not to listen, but he never actually did. They just played with my weak mental state at the time and created a fear of the Winter Soldier. I'm mostly over it, as I've never actually seen the man face-to-face. I've only heard of his deeds."