Shoot Your Shot

(Tony's POV)

"This ain't going to be good." Rhodey stated the obvious, and to prove that statement; Ivan unsheathed his twin electrical whips that cracked and scorched the grass beneath them.

Rhodey tapped on Tony's chest plate, pushing his friend slightly back as he walked forward. "I got something special for this guy. I'm gonna bust his bunker with the Ex-Wife!"

"With the what?" Tony asked, confused but Rhodey did not answer.

Instead, Rhodey's suit began powering up a missile launcher of his own. Mounted on his left shoulder, the missile charged up and fired at Ivan; where it proceeded to bounce off their assailant's chest plate. It fell into the water below him and sizzled out.

"Hammer tech?" Tony questioned but everyone could tell it was rhetorical because they all knew the answer.

"Yeah." Rhodey sighed as he took a step back.

Ivan smiled, while Tony took a step forward and the weapon chamber on his shoulders came out. "I got this."

Launching several precision bolts at Ivan; who puts his face plate back on, but the bolts barely leave a dent in his suit. Ivan begins to swing his whips, aiming to hit either of them but they both dodged its grasp.

Rhodey; from a kneeling position, starts firing at Ivan only to have the barrel of his gatling gun whipped clean off. Rhodey was a bit taken back as he looked at the melting metal for a moment before looking back at Ivan; who turned his attention to Tony.

Iron Man had decided to take the aerial tactic by flying upwards but before he could fire a Repulsor beam, Ivan managed to wrap one of the whips around his torso and threw Tony against a rock.

Tony coughed slightly as a wave a nostalgia of being thrown around by Ivan crossed his mind for a moment, before watching Ivan approach him. Rhodey covered for him, running towards Tony while firing a barrage of shots at Ivan.

Ivan shielded his head with his arm, while Tony took this chance to crouch down and moved slightly to the side.

Once in the position he wanted, Tony blasted forward to body check Ivan but his momentum was used against him. Ivan swung his other arm upward, connecting with Tony's body and sending him flying. Tony crashed into a Tori gate before landing in a Zen sand garden somewhere off in the distance.

Without wasting a moment, Ivan turned back around and launched his whip at Rhodey. Managing to get the cord around his neck, Ivan used his newly installed mechanism to reel in the cord and Rhodey with it. Once Rhodey was closed to Ivan, the man proceeded to punch him in the solar plexus and sent him flying backwards.

"AHHH" Tony yelled as he flew downwards and punched Ivan's head. Tony managed to land a few more punches, until Ivan head butted him sending him stumbling back.

Ivan latched a whip around Tony's neck and watched him struggle with prying the cord off before marching over to Rhodey and stomping down on his chest.

Tony grunted as he gripped at the cord before yanking Ivan off Rhodey, though it did not free Rhodey for long as Ivan wrapped his second whip around Rhodey's neck.

Now they both struggled with their cords respectively, Tony knowing that even with the electrical upgrade he and Soleil worked on; the Mark VI could still only take so much. He did not even want to think about the Mark II Rhodey was wearing, especially with the faulty Hammer tech that was on it.

"Rhodes. I got an idea." Tony called out. "You want to be hero?"

"What." Rhodey gasped out.

"I could really use a 'Sidekick'." Tony said emphasizing the last word before putting his right arm up; palm open. "Put your hand up!"