Safehouse

(Tony's POV)

Clint had flown the Quinjet to Johannesburg to pick them up and they quickly moved to get on the jet, as the citizens of the city continued to look at them in a mix of horror and animosity. Tony made the suit retract from his body and ordered them to return to the tower, telling the Hulkbuster to retrieve Veronica from where it had crashed somewhere in the city before it left.

Tony helped the disoriented Bruce up, while Soleil walked behind them and shifted into her average size lioness form. Tony watched in horror as Soleil coughed out a huge amount of blood, with red liquid dripping from her jaw and falling onto the end of the hatch's door.

Soleil looked up at him seeing that he stopped to look at her but just looked away soon after, and continued walking up onto the Quinjet before him.

Once he got Bruce and himself onto the ship, Tony could tell the team had taken a real beating. Steve and Natasha were seated and had their heads downturned, Thor was pacing back and forth, Soleil had collapsed onto the floor resting on her side.

Tony set Bruce down who already seemed to be trembling with guilt as what he or the Hulk -really- had done was becoming more apparent to him. Tony shut the hatch door and walked over to Clint who was the only other person besides himself, that appeared to come out of this not too scathed.

"Do you mind flying for a while? I've got to make a call." Tony placed his hand on the back of the pilot seat as he looked down at Clint.

"Way ahead of you." Clint said already firing up the engines once again.

"Get us out of here." Tony instructed before he moved to take a seat himself, glancing back at Soleil who shuddered with every breath she took. Tony squeezed his hands together, not knowing if there was anything he could do to comfort her but he decided to try later. As he previously told Clint, Tony has to make a call.

Nightfall came down as soon as they left South Africa and flew over the clouds, making their way back to the United States of America. Tony had been on-call with Maria for the majority of this time trying to organize the aid towards the damage done in Johannesburg and possibly get someone to deal with the illegal trading shop of Ulysses Klaue at the Salvage yard.

But was also having Maria keep him informed as the News continued to update the public on what had transpired in the largest city of South Africa.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air." Maria's voice played out on the speakers, as the Avengers all pretty much kept to themselves.

Tony sighed, head resting on his fist as he leaned back deeply in his chair. "The Stark Relief Foundation?"

"Already on the scene." Maria responded before asking her own question. "How's the team?"

"Everyone's..." Tony paused, the eerie silence in the cabin only making it worst before he continued. "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

Thor's pacing had not stopped since they left Johannesburg, Steve appeared to be focusing on his breathing as he clenched and released his hands. Natasha glared at a wall, completely lost in her thoughts.

Bruce had gotten his blanket, having it wrapped around himself as he broke out into a cold sweat. Either from being shirtless or from his guilt, only Bruce would know.

Soleil still laid on the ground and with every air pocket hit, no matter how small, she released a moan or a whimper.

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." Maria stated.