Mad

(Soleil's POV)

Soleil sat in the waiting room of the Monaco police precinct, her legs crossed and she looked down at her bandaged ankle.

While she waited there, Tony was being questioned elsewhere in the station, Happy was instructed to get a new car for them and to grab their bags from the hotel they had checked into earlier this morning.

Pepper on the other hand, was less panicky now but was more on the mad side. Just outside the station, her and Natalie were at a cafe trying to either cool off or begin damage control. Either or, Soleil did not care too much since she was having her own inner turmoil right now.

"Sol."

Soleil looked up and saw Tony standing in front of her along with several policemen. "Hm?"

"I need your help."

"With what?"

"I can understand French, but speaking it is not my forte." Tony said forcing a small smile.

Soleil huffed. "So, you need me to be your translator."

"Only one way though." Tony nodded. "Just repeat what I say, in French."

"No shit." Soleil sighed. "How did you do the interview then?"

"With horrible pronunciation or just straight up broken English." Tony smirked before looking to the man, that Soleil assumed was in-charge. He looked her down and up, stopping at her eyes and twitched slightly when she narrowed them at him.

"Avez-vous un problème? (Do you have a problem?)" Soleil spoke in French, her accent sounding different from their's but more so because she was taught more of Parisian way of speaking and has not spoken much French since meeting Tony.

"Je suis désolé, Mademosielle. (I'm sorry, Miss.)" The man said, and Soleil picked up on the slightly flirtatious tone making her roll her eyes behind her closed lids. When she opened her eyes again the man spoke. "Suis-moi. (Follow me.)"

Soleil turned to Tony who was glaring at the man, though the officer did not seem to notice as he turned around and began walking. Tony blew out a breath and followed after him, Soleil walking beside him.

Another man joined them; one in a suit which Soleil believed to be an investigator. The first officer opened a door for them and they soon began walking down a hallway, with Tony now in the lead.

"Mr. Stark. Nous avons exécuté son impression. Nous n'avons rien récupéré, pas même un nom. (We ran his print. We got nothing back, not even a name.)" The investigator said with a very thick accent.

"Where are we going?" Tony asked.

"Où allons-nous?" Soleil translated.

"Là-bas. (Over there.)" The investigator pointed at a door that appeared to have some serious reinforcements for a holding cell. Soleil was not going to deny that someone with the capabilities to be able to make an arc reactor would need a strong confinement area.

She paid no mind to the investigator eyeing her as well, before he continues speaking. "Nous ne sommes même pas sûrs qu'il parle Anglais. Il n'a pas dit un mot depuis qu'il est arrivé. (We're not even sure he speaks English. He hasn't said a word since he got here.)"

They stopped in front of the door and Tony turned to look at the officers when they made no movements.

"Pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît ouvrir la porte pour que Mr. Stark puisse parler à son agresseur? (Can you please open up the door so Mr. Stark can speak with his assailant?)" Soleil asked.