Birthday/ Block Party

(Soleil's POV)

The sound of footsteps drawing near had Soleil's ear swivelling backwards, before she straightened up and turned to look over her shoulder.

"Sorry." Bruce said immediately. "I can come back when you two are...ahem. Done."

"No, it's alright." Soleil smiled as she got off Tony's lap, ignoring Tony's pout. "You both need to eat before you get too into your projects. Plus, I have to get going."

"Why~!" Tony whined again.

"We've been through this, Anthony~!" Soleil singsonged as she rolled her eyes before looking back to Bruce. "Hey, Bruce."

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to tell you that we will be going back to Malibu for an unforeseen amount of time." Soleil stated. "Tony and I..well, we need some time to clear our heads. This was all..a lot, you know."

Bruce smiled softly as he nodded his head, moving further into the lab and away from the exit with the breakfast Soleil had ordered for them. "I understand. I completely understand. Don't mind me, you two."

"I wanted to tell you first. Not only because we just decided now, but because you will be the only one living in the tower for the time being." Soleil said.

"I mean he will have all of Stark Industries latest tech at the his finger tips. I don't think he could get bored." Tony smirked.

"It's not boredom I'm worried more about loneliness." Soleil stated.

"You worry too much for Brucie bear, Sol!" Tony laughed.

"Brucie bear?" Soleil raised a brow.

Bruce sighed. "It's his new nickname for me."

"I see." Soleil hid a snicker behind her hand.

"And you don't have to worry about me, Soleil. I'm used to being alone. I find comfort in it actually. Less.. stressful situations." Bruce said.

"Ah..I understand." Soleil nodded. "Well, my baby is all yours. Rebuild should finish by mid-June, so you just have to deal with the construction team popping in and out. I believe Pepper; Stark Industries's CEO will come check in every now and then. But other that..she's all yours."

"She's in good hands." Tony nodded.

"You both think too highly of me." Bruce said, fidgeting with his hands after he put the takeout trays down on a different desk.

"We think of you as perfectly capable of staying in the Avenger's Tower, Bruce. You'll be fine." Soleil said and felt a vibration from her phone, taking out and seeing Pepper messaging her where she is at. "That's Pepper, I have to go. Oh! Speaking of Pepper once again; she told me to wish you Happy Birthday, Tony. Since she won't see you till later."

"Tell her I said thanks." Tony smiled as he stood up and drew Soleil flushed against him and planted a kiss against her lips, longly before slightly pulling away after a moment. "Come back soon."

Soleil smiled against his lips. "As soon as I can. Eat your breakfast, it's from our favourite cafe."

"Yay!" Tony whisper-yelled, as he turned to make his way to where Bruce was or specifically where the food was.

"I'll see you two later." Soleil called out.

"Bye, Soleil. Thanks for the breakfast." Bruce said.

"Later, Babe. Remember not to take too long. Don't want to keep the birthday boy waiting~!" Tony called back.

"God forbid I do!" Soleil snicker as she exited the lab to go join Pepper in the fray.

~~~

Party prepping was such a drag, or at least that's what Soleil thought as she and Pepper sat down at a bistro for lunch. In all actuality both of them were glad to take break after going through all the hustle and bustle of the final prep for the party. It being 1:30pm right now and the party started at 5, the streets needed to start being blocked off by 2 o'clock. The caters needed to be on premises by 3, so did the bartenders and drinks , the rest of the staff and security by 4 o'clock.