The Battle of New York

(Soleil's POV)

Soleil landed directly on one of the surrounding Chitauris while Steve used his shield to send one flying as he landed, both Natasha and Clint coming to stand by them. A few more Chitauri began to approach only for lightening to strike all of them simultaneously and then collapse on the ground as Thor came in for a landing.

Soleil had been ready to rip Thor a new one, she had decided on a verbal approach since he was still on their side. But when she saw him land and then instantly use the car beside him for support for a moment, she decided her shredding could wait. They all approached him, having found a moment of not being under attack by the enemy thanks to his aid.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve adjusted his shield back onto his forearm.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor stated pointedly.

"Don't I know it." Soleil sat down, thinking back to earlier when she had been thrown back by the cube's barrier around the device.

"Thor's right. We got to deal with these guys." Tony's voice cut in.

"You need any help over there?" Soleil asked.

"I think I'm fine at moment, thank you." Tony chuckled.

"Never hurts to ask." Soleil giggled.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asked.

Steve without missing a beat. "As a team."

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor said.

"Yeah.." Clint frowned as he adjusted a new arrowhead on a shaft. "Get in line."

Soleil sighed. "Doesn't seem like i'll be getting a round two against Loki, unfortunately. There will be nothing left of him by time he comes back around."

Clint and Thor seemed to offer a small smile before Steve continued on. "Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..."

The sound of motorcycle incoming cut Steve off as he turned around and they all looked towards Bruce coming to a halt a few feet away from them. The group met the doctor halfway after he got off the bike.

"So..this is all seems horrible." Bruce made a lame gesture around them.

"Indeed it is." Soleil could not help the smile that graced her lips. "Glad to have you back, Bruce."

Bruce smile sheepishly before Natasha cut in as she stared at Banner hesitantly. "I've seen worse."

"Sorry." Bruce apologized, sounding sincere despite how quick he got it out.

"No, we could use a little worse." Natasha smiled softly.

"Stark." Steve pressed on his earpiece. "We got him."

"Banner?" Tony asked for clarification.

"You got your science bro back." Soleil said solely to him.

"That I do. But no one will replace my science gal." Tony chuckled.

"Damn straight." Soleil smiled.

"Just like you said." Steve answered -having not heard Soleil already clarifying-.

Tony continued on as well. "Tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."

Oh no..... Soleil dropped her head and hissed at the ground. Tony parties are one thing, Tony + Alien party is another. Either way, Soleil was not sure she was liking this new development.