Restrained

(Soleil's POV)

"...Ngh." Soleil groaned as she awoke with a crick in her neck, from the terrible sleeping position. As she lifted her head and blinked away the blurriness from her eyes, Soleil got to look around at where she was, which seemed to be some semi empty warehouse of some type.

She noticed a few tables set up with computer screens as well as an IV stand and drip set up beside her. But the biggest thing she noticed was that she was strapped down to a gurney type table, making her lay upright.

Soleil's breath hitched as panic hit her like a brick wall, and she began to struggle in her bindings. Once she figured out she could not get out with her human strength alone, Soleil decided to shift but when she tried; nothing happened.

So she tried again, nothing. Again, nothing. She decided to switch to her smaller form if that would help change her, but still got nothing. Soleil's breath began to pick up, as she could not even feel her tail or ears appear and began looking around rapidly once again.

Is it getting hot in here, or am I hotter than usual? That question ran through Soleil's mind as she began to sweat, but looking down at herself she was only left in her jean pants and sports bra she wore underneath her sweater from earlier this morning.

Soleil was feeling like she was reaching fever levels, which was never a good thing considered her already unusual high body temperature. But despite the high temperature, she showed no other signs of sickness.

Soleil was trying to think at this moment as her breathing continued to be uneven. If it's not sickness, because I don't feel sick. It's cool in here but I'm sweating despite the lack of clothes. And I can't change into my lioness forms...Why? Why?!

"So, you finally decided to wake up."

Soleil's head spun so hard to right, she was surprised it did not snap off. She hissed lowly as she looked upon her captor. "Killian..."

"Hello, Soleil." Aldrich smiled.

"I told you to stop calling me that. I thought you were okay, a little weird but okay. I guess I was wrong."

"I'm hurt, Soleil. You think I'm weird?"

"Among other things." Soleil glared at him.

Aldrich paid the look no mind. "Shame. And I thought we could be friends."

"No thanks." Soleil muttered dryly.

"Shame. Shame. A true shame indeed." Aldrich shook his head with a sigh. "You must know, Soleil. When you showed yourself as Sunbeam back in 2010, it really helped push our strive for genetic recoding. I must say, you were like a beacon of hope for us that what we were doing was possible."

Soleil strained in her bindings again, trying to keep breath as steady as she possibly could. "Why can't I transform?"

"I really would like to know how you got those lioness forms, the eyes, ears, and tail." Aldrich ignored her question and continued on. "Were you born with them, or maybe were you a part of some other group's human experimentation?"

"Why can't I transform, Killian?!" Soleil growled out as she thrusted her body against the straps, causing the gurney to sway but nothing more.

"Feisty. I like that about you, Soleil. Tony must be into that as well."

"So, this is all about Tony in the end. What? Are you trying to get revenge for him leaving you alone back in 1999? Unappreciated? For not giving you and your think tank a chance?"

"Maya has told you a lot, hasn't she?" A darkness passed over Aldrich's face which sent a shiver down Soleil's spine before Aldrich smiled. "In nutshell, if you would like to know."