Stark Expo Model

(Tony's POV)

The director told them to meet him back at the mansion before he and Romanoff left. Soleil took the Roadster back and Tony flew home in the suit. Once there, Tony went to take a shower and change before meeting up with Soleil and Fury on the new open balcony.

Three unbroken chairs -they were able to find in all the wreckage and damage- were situated to slightly face each other. While a few SHIELD agents stood guard by the perimeter of the balcony and around the mansion.

"That thing in your chest is based on unfinished technology." Fury started off with a statement.

"No, it was finished." Tony corrected him. "It has never been particularly effective until I miniaturized it and put it in my..."

"No. Howard said the arc reactor was the stepping stone to something greater. He was about to kick off an energy race that was gonna dwarf the arm's race." Fury explained. "He was on to something big, something so big that it was gonna make the nuclear reactor look like a triple-A battery."

"Just him, or ...Anton Vanko in on this too?" Tony asked and thanked Soleil when she came back with a glass of water for herself, him and Fury. Handing one to the both of them before she sat down as well.

"Anton Vanko is the other side of that coin." Fury said. "Anton saw it as a way to get rich. When your father found out, he had him deported. When the Russians found out he couldn't deliver they shipped his ass off to Siberia and he spent the next 20 years in a vodka-fuelled rage. Not quite the environment you want to raise a kid in, the son you both had the misfortune of crossing paths with in Monaco."

"Interesting 'kid'." Soleil muttered, taking a sip of her water.

"You told me I hadn't tried everything." Tony changed the subject to the matter at hand which he more interested in. "What do you mean I haven't tried everything? What haven't I tried?"

"He said that you were the only person with the means and knowledge to finish what he started." Fury took a sip of the water.

Tony raised a brow. "He said that?"

Fury hummed against his glass before looking at Tony. "Are you that guy? Are you? 'Cause if you are, then you can solve the riddle of your heart."

"I don't know where you get your information, but he wasn't my biggest fan." Tony said matter of factly and watched Soleil ears flattened to the side as she looked towards the horizon line.

"What do you remember about your dad?" Fury asked.

"He was cold, he was calculating. He never told me he loved me. He never even told me he liked me, so it's a little tough for me to digest when you're telling me he said the whole future was riding on me and he's passing it down. I don't get that." Tony said letting out some of his inner turmoil and disdain for his father. He leaned back into his seat, and felt Soleil's tail wrap around his ankle making him smile a tiny bit on the inside as he continued on. "You're talking about a guy who's happiest day was when he shipped me off to boarding school."

"That's not true." Fury took another sip of water.

"Well, then.. clearly you knew my dad better than I did." Tony shrugged.

"As a matter of fact, I did." Fury stated as two agents came towards them with a large case in tow. "He was one of the founding members of SHIELD."

"What?" Tony and Soleil said in unison.

Fury checked his watch. "I got a two o'clock"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. What's this?" Tony stood up as Fury did.