Break In And Check In

(Soleil's POV)

Soleil rested her left elbow on the door of Rolls Royce Phantom, her chin resting on the palm of her hand as raindrops cascaded down the window. Happy was driving her to the Avengers' compound due to Steve wanting to give her a briefing on Fury's behalf about their current ongoings.

It has been a few weeks since Darren Cross' presentation and even though Soleil had been keeping her ears to the ground for any news about it, nothing of major detriment has been brought to her attention. At least not until yesterday, when she got an alert from Friday about unauthorized personnel on the grounds of the compound which was another reason for her visit today.

Soleil informed Tony that she would deal with it as he had his mind and hands full with other personal projects and business matters to attend to due to Pepper's order. So, it was after a quick adjustment of his tie and an even quicker peck on his lips that Soleil pushed Tony off in the direction of the R8 for him to get a move on. He had moved albeit reluctantly, muttering that Pepper had him working like a dog under his breath the whole way and Soleil just laughed as she turned to Happy who was waiting for her by the Phantom.

Pepper had later on been informed of the exact reason why Soleil declined any further investment of any sort toward Darren Cross' idea and was satisfied to put the whole ordeal behind her as she had other things to deal with.

Soleil's attention returned as Happy began to drive up to the main entrance of the compound, and put the car in park once there. He reached over to the passenger seat and grabbed the umbrella, opening it as he stepped out of the car.

Happy walked over to her door and opened it while holding the umbrella over the car slightly as Soleil stepped out, with her smiling up at him as she straightened up.

"And people say 'chivalry is dead'~." Soleil smirked as Happy held the umbrella over her, closing the car door behind her before standing beside her. "Clearly, none of them have a head of security as good as you~, Happy."

"Please~, keep the compliments coming." Happy chuckled and Soleil covered her giggle with her hand as they walked to the door together. He opened the door for her and Soleil entered first with him following after, adjusting her black blazer jacket into place. She also wore a black tube top with spaghetti straps, a beige plaid high-waisted skirt, some 3-inch heeled black and beige tie-up sandals, with a small Michael Kors handbag.