Business As Usual

(Soleil's POV)

Soleil signed an order form and a blank check before handing them over to Steve for some necessities and necessary equipment that was in need of replenishing. Any updates from Thor have never shown up and no news about Bruce's -or Hulk's- location has not been detected, sadly. There were only two other main topics of discussion after that; one being Brock Rumlow still being alive and assuming the alias 'Crossbones'. The other was of a few reports of Hydra resurfacing in Europe, and both would be the main focus for the Avengers at this time.

Placing the pen back on its holder, Soleil looked up to see Steve having his head bowed but his mouth was opening and closing a few times.

"Is there something else that needs to be discussed." Soleil asked and then looked down at her phone seeing that Happy had arrived 30 minutes ago and was hanging out with Rhodey while he waits for her to be finished. Which made Soleil happy that he was not waiting out in the car, in the rain for her.

Steve looked up and his mouth opened as if he were about to speak but no words came out and after a moment, he shut it once again.

Soleil raised her brow. "Is something on your mind, Steve? If there is anything that is bother you and I can help, I'm always willing to lend a hand. Or a paw~. Whichever you need."

"T-Thanks, Soleil. But...I don't think this is something you can help me with." Steve finally spoke.

"Is it about your friend?" Soleil asked and watched as Steve's jaw clenched before his gaze shifted past her and he began looking out at the rain outside.

"Yeah....Bucky." Steve affirmed.

"You and Sam have been handling the search since the downfall of SHIELD...He still has not shown up?"

"No. Wherever he is, he probably won't stay long. We have been following his shadow but can never get there in time to catch 'him'."

"Well, I don't mean to toot my horn but I do have a nose for these things. I can help with the search, if only a little while. My schedule permitting." Soleil offered but held back a frown when Steve looked at her with a pained smile for only a moment before bowing his head once again.

"No. No. I couldn't ask you to do that, Soleil." Steve shook his head.

"You're not." Soleil pointed out. "I'm offering."

"Still." Steve said vehemently, leaving no room for argument but left Soleil with only more questions on why Steve did not want her help. "Your offer is appreciated. Thank you, Soleil."

Soleil's frown had escaped onto her face as she crossed her arms. "Fine. If not my help, then why not Tony's? I'm sure he can get a global scan, check CCTV cameras, look for Barnes through facial recognition. The whole works—"

Steve cut her off. "Sam and I have been doing fine on our own. Thank you, Soleil. Truly, but we can handle this."

"I'm sure you can, and I was just saying—" Soleil waved one of her hands flippantly but was cut off once again.

"And I am telling you; Sam and I will find Bucky on our own. There is no need for your concern." Steve said coolly as he stood up with the signed document and blank check. "I'm sorry if I have taken too much of your time, Soleil. I know you're a busy woman. Thank you for meeting with me."

"You're welcome, Steve." Soleil was unsure what else to say besides that as she watched Steve turn and head for the door.

As he opened it, Steve threw a glance back over his shoulder. "See you around, Soleil."

"Yeah. Bye, Steve." Soleil muttered to herself as Steve exited the office before she could even get it out.

Slumping back into her chair, Soleil looked upwards before closing her eyes. What was up with that?! Why was he so adamant on not getting more help when he could clearly use some. He has the resources right in front of him yet he turns them away? Why?!