Merry Christmas

(Soleil's POV)

Probably the worst Christmas Soleil has ever had with Tony in the four years that she has known him. But it beat the boring, uneventful Christmases she's had before meeting him. The fireworks -Clean Slate Protocol- was the best gift she could ask for, Soleil knowing that Tony had definitely come out of this with his head on straight.

She on the other hand, her mind was a mess. Being restrained brought up bad memories, and Soleil could not sleep no matter how tired she was on Christmas morning. Tony and her had left the Norco and went to a hotel in Miami, having Jarvis wire transfer the money to cover their stay for the day which was double since it was Christmas.

They only needed it to wait out the rest of the night, both of them exhausted and still in pain; bruised and battered. Tony looked worse for wear but that did not stop him from looking at Soleil; concerned at the needle marks left behind, the small purple discolouration along her arms and torso of where she struggled against the straps binding her, and fading glow of her body.

Without her regenerative abilities at the moment, it was weird to see Soleil decorated with wounds for so long and it made Tony's heart wrench just looking at them. Soleil made a comment about that's how bad she feels when she sees him wounded as well.

They took a shower together, cleaning each other off with great care; slow and affectionate motions. Ridding the dry blood, the dirt and debris off their bodies and hair. After, they eased themselves into the bathtub together both releasing a groan from their aching bodies before moaning at the hot water soothing their muscles.

Even though Tony would not admit the water was hotter than usual as Soleil's body temperature and the Extremis left over brought the water up in temperature, he just sat back and pulled Soleil closer to him despite the increase in heat.

They got out eventually, drying off and wearing the hotel provided robes before heading to the bed. Laying down and cuddling each other as if they had not been doing that for the last couple hours.

Maybe more exhausted than he thought he was, Tony fell asleep first but it did not last long when he felt trembling beside him. As he opened his eyes, Tony saw Soleil curled up tightly in a ball by his chest and she instantly tensed when he moved his hand to touch her arm.

"Honey." Tony called out in a whisper.

"I'm sorry." Soleil said quickly, curling tighter. "I'm sorry."

"Sol." Tony grew worried as Soleil still trembled within his arms. As he moved to sit up slightly, Tony caught a glimpse of her eyes and how misty they were. But as soon as their gazes met, Soleil immediately shut her eyes and kept them close tightly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." Soleil muttered. "I...I..Just was...I-I saw...It was..I was...c-caged...and.."

"Shh. Shh." Tony cooed as he pulled Soleil to rest on top of him, tucking her head in the nook of his neck as he petted her head. "It's okay. You're okay, Sol. I'm right here, Honey. No one's going to hurt you ever again. I promise. I'll never let it happened again even if it means I have to die trying."

Soleil's hands snaked around his neck, holding on to him as a grounding point. "Thank you, Tones. But please don't die, that will only hurt more."

Tony only began humming a soft melody as he rubbed circles in her back, and that is how they spent the rest of the night until the sun came up. Tony ordered for clothes to be dropped off at the hotel for them, as they soon were going to have to face reality once again.

After Soleil got dresses she moved towards the hotel provided laptop and turning it on and was not surprised to already seeing different news headline titles like;"Tony Stark and Soleil Marcella spotted in Miami", "Tony Stark not dead?!", "What is are the Stark Industries co-owners doing in Miami?".