System Overload

(Tony's POV)

"I'll be right there." Tony said lifting his face mask, but the ground quaked behind him making Tony stop in his tacks.

"Nice try!" Obadiah said as he reared his arm back to punch Tony.

Tony turned around quickly and dropped his face mask back down. Ducking underneath Obadiah's punch before sending his arm out to use his repulsor's beam. To only realized that; the one on that particular hand was fried and he had tossed it off not to long ago.

Obadiah's other fist came and hit Tony, just as hard as his realization did though the punch sent him flying backwards. He maneuvered himself to his feet and stopped his momentum before falling off to the lower levels of the roof.

Tony took off towards Obadiah, and used the reserve energy to lift off a bit. Gaining some height before swing to punch at Obadiah's helmet. His hit connected but Obadiah did not budge much, and instead managed to grab him by the torso and began to squeeze him.

Tony struggled as he used his hands to free himself from Obadiah's grip. "Weapon status?"

"Repulsor's offline. Missiles Offline."

"Tony!" He heard Soleil's voice in his head. "Do you need me to come and help?"

"No! Stay with there. I'll call you if I need you." Tony said mentally before speaking again. "Flares!"

His suit unloaded the flares that flew in many different directions after bouncing off Obadiah's suit. But it was enough to mess with Obadiah's systems, and loosen his vice grip on Tony's suit. Tony flew off, while a cloud of smoke formed around the area and Obadiah somewhere in the middle of it.

"Very clever, Tony." Obadiah said once he regained his bearings.

Tony hid behind one of the roof's AC systems, keeping his eye on Obadiah's movements. "Sol?"

"Yeah?"

"This isn't working. But I have an idea that will!"

"Well, your idiotic ideas tonight have worked out so far.." Soleil muttered but she continued just as quick. "Wait?! You're not thinking what I think you're thinking..Are you?"

Tony smirked. "What do you think I'm thinking, Kitten~?"

"You're going to overload and blow up the arc reactor. Aren't you?" Soleil said and Tony bit back a laugh to how often they tend to think alike. "For fuck's sake, Tones~! I better be wrong about this!"

"You are!"

"Thank god."

"You're going to do it." Tony informed her.

"What?!"

"Go to the central console, open up all the circuits. When I get clear of the roof, I'll let you know. You're going to hit the master bypass button. It's going to fry everything up here."

"Are you kidding me?!"

Tony knew it was rhetorical but he still answered. "No. Not right now, Kitten."

He heard Soleil let out a long groan, making him smile slightly. He also heard her tell Pepper to move further away from the entrance before she addressed him again. "Okay. I'm going in now."

"Make sure you wait till I clear the roof. I'll buy you some time." Tony said before he proceeded to jump onto Obadiah's back when he was faced away from him. Scanning a piece of Obadiah's neck panel, Tony lodged his hand into it and pulled. "This looks important!"