Battle On The Norco

(Soleil's POV)

"It is time for you to wake up, Soleil."

"What?"

"You must fight off this foreign entity in your body."

"Who are you?"

"I am the one who gave you your original abilities."

"The goddess? Sekhmet?"

"You must know that you are not the only one. There is another and she is waiting."

"Wait...Hold on a second! What are you talking about?"

"Soleil, it is time to wake up."

"Hold on!"

"Wake up."

Soleil awoke with a gasp, her eyes opening and taking in her new surroundings as well as the orange hue fading. The last thing she noticed was Aldrich standing in front of her, retracting a needle from her arm.

"Hi." Aldrich smiled.

"Let me go." Soleil breathed heavily.

"You know I can't do that." Aldrich shook his head. "You are just too interesting, Soleil. You would not believe how difficult your body is being right now. It is still managing to fight off the Extremis, not accepting it but not declining it either. You are the only one to have ever had four doses of it in a few hour intervals. It's truly fascinating."

"Let me go!" Soleil growled.

"Even your slitted pupils have returned, but here's to hoping this dose will get rid of that soon." Aldrich commented.

It was not the only thing that returned, Soleil could make out her heightened senses once again but Aldrich did not need to know that. So, Soleil decided to jerk in her bindings attempting jump at Aldrich; who actually stepped back, surprised by Soleil's newfound energy.

"Feisty, aren't you." Aldrich's smile widened.

Soleil glared at him as she continued to focus on her breathing, she could not panic now as it would do her no good. Tony is going to come for me, and when he does..I'll make sure to tell him that I want the finishing blow on Killian. Soleil thought to herself before changing the subject off of her.

"You think he's gonna help you? He won't." Soleil muttered, feeling her body strain against the increasing levels of Extremis running through her.

Aldrich looked at her for a moment, before coming to stand beside Soleil and leaning on the gurney. "Having you here is not just to motivate Tony Stark. It's, um... Well, it's actually more embarrassing than that. You're here as my, um..."

"Trophy." Soleil finished for him.

"Mmm." Aldrich chuckled curtly before both their attention turned to the entryway where the Iron Patriot landed and walked into the space. "Good evening, sir."

Soleil's brows immediately furrowed, with her senses back; she could smell that it was definitely not Rhodey in the suit. Her guess proved to be accurate as the suit opened up and president Matthew Ellis fell out of it, landing on his hands and knees as he looked towards Aldrich.

"Welcome aboard, Mr. President." Aldrich smiled before walking away from Soleil and motion for the president to stand up and follow him. They went to the second level, so Soleil could not see them but she still heard the conversation; listening as Aldrich continued on. "Ever hear of an elephant graveyard? Well, two years ago, the elephant in the room was this scow."