2010

(Soleil's POV)

A lot has happened since Tony revealed that he was Iron Man at the press conference after the fall of Obadiah. Who's death was covered up in a small aircraft accident as per Phil's explanation. But Tony's reveal did not just end there, he even cleared up peoples beliefs on the winged lioness because he told them she was real.

Again, using the he 'adopted a pet' story that he once told Rhodey. Tony talked about Soleil as a pet in his care, that was also not really in his care. That the lioness just appears, almost out of thin air whenever there is a fight or he is in danger. Which he then explained in depth that it was more the former rather than the latter, because he is 'Iron Man'.

Soleil kinda felt like Pepper; and wanted to sink her fangs into to Tony for a moment, but cooled off and decided to let Pepper do it. Only because Tony never told them that it was actually her being the lioness. He always referred to her and her lioness form as two different beings while he broke it down. Soleil and Sunbeam.

But she did have to sit through the car ride home with Pepper ripping Tony a new one for the audacity, the stupidity, the arrogance of his entire confession of both himself and semi-Soleil's. Soleil frowned the whole ride because she did not think Pepper was going to do this with her and Happy present. Her ears were killing her the entire time, and if Soleil did not know any better she would have thought Pepper was try to kill her and not Tony. Because through it all Tony just had a grin on his face the entire time and even told Happy to stop by Burger king so they could get burgers.

Of course down the line, it never stopped people from coming up with conspiracy theories about her relation to the lioness. Because Tony so happened to take her in at the same time that this mysterious mystical winged lioness showed up. Plus anytime she was around Tony it so happened that Sunbeam was not around. And vice versa.

But the theories that people came up with trying to debunk Soleil Marcella's relation with the winged Lioness; Sunbeam, were endless. Soleil both enjoyed and hated all the attention she was getting but they just kept on.

Some theories were hilarious though. One said that maybe her and sunbeam switch places, as if Sunbeam is from somewhere else in the universe. The only way possible for her to come to earth is that she switched places with Soleil after they had made a pact to do so and that's why they are never in the same place at once, or in the same vicinity of each other.

Soleil was not the only one who found it hilarious, Tony had almost died laughing. Literally. He fell over laughing and almost smacked his head on a corner of a table in the worksop, lucky enough he missed it by a few centimetres.

She even ended up telling Happy about her actually being Sunbeam or the other way around actually. Happy had full blown conniption and said that he 'knew it', because he believed no one he has ever seen before had gold eyes like her. Which meant she must be special, and that comment flattered her so much that her ears popped out. Let's just say, Soleil has never heard a man squeal like that, while Tony laughed harder than with the conspiracy theory.

Months pass by, Soleil's nightmares have finally slowed down. She still has her bad days every now and then but they were not as bad from when she first started to live with Tony. Other than that, she and Tony grew closer but still remained at a distance. If Tony was sensing her hesitation he never pointed out, instead seemed to be following after Soleil and the pace she set.

So, they have kissed but never on the lips. The cheek, forehead, top of the head, neck, shoulders, hands but nothing more. Nothing lasting either. Quick pecks of affection, that they equally did to each other. Tony had tried to kiss her again, and it was for her birthday which was -ironically enough- August 17th and falls under the 'Leo' Zodiac sign.