Lighter

╭⋟───────────────╮Lighter╰───────────────⋞╯

╭⋟───────────────╮
Lighter
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: GummyYoongiAw

Reviewer :: Jiminandhisjams9

First Impression :: 14/20

» Cover :: 7/10
I do think it's quite good and clean, I especially love your font. However, personally, I find books without face claims very unattractive when it comes to fanfictions. I am not sure why I feel that way, but with this judgement, I am being as unbiased as I can. The cover does look good, but it's not overly alluring per se.

What you could do to improve this is to put a photo of Yoongi with a lighter. If I were you, I'd be dying whilst picking the several pictures available of Yoongi with lighters or fire. You have the ones from I NEED U's MV or the ones from Agust D's one.

» Title :: 1/5
The title fits the storyline alright... but I think that anyone can tell this is unoriginal and not-so-rare. Even the name of Yoongi's illness - pyromaniac - would have been several times better.

» Blurb :: 5/5
Your blurb is remarkably well done. I don't think the quotes you have picked were overly catchy, but they still did "the thing" for me. Apart from that, something which I don't think you have to change and is just an observation is your blurb. It's short and effective. It perfectly applies to the standard "quality over quantity" - there isn't too much disclosure but it's still very appealing. Lovely job!

Beginning of a new start :: 8/10

The first three chapters along with the prologue were a good introduction to the storyline. We were mysteriously introduced to some of the characters as well as some of Yoongi's background story. Not many events occurred, but it was alright because your chapters were short, and it was just the begging of the book. Frankly, I felt like the prologue and warning chapter were written better than the other chapters. Nonetheless, from the warning, your grammar seemed way better than what it was in the other chapters, which I found bizarre. I wasn't overly intrigued, but not bored either since it allowed me to be excited for what would be coming up later on in the story.

Concept & plot :: 14/25

Looking at the plot overall, I'd say you had something, but it was executed messily, confusingly and not-so-strongly. I am sure you aren't the first person to use 'Pyromania' for a plot. However, it's fine and I loved the idea, it intrigued me. Too bad that the story wasn't focused on it all that much. In the first chapters, you highlight Yoongi's illness way more than in the later chapters, when you start to bring up his anxiety.

And that's fine, but if you are going to make your story look like it's revolved around Yooongi's illness, specifically and mainly Pyromania, then it's not. In the very rare and short instants we see Hoseok's and Yoongi's sessions, they never really talk about it or figure out a way to cure him. I understand that talking about his trauma is important, and also a way to cure him of this fascinating illness. But Hoseok has barely mentioned it and you are slightly getting off track there.