Sweater

╭⋟───────────────╮
Sweater
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: jikook889

Reviewer :: wuwtaetae

First impression :: 10/20

» Cover :: 6/10

The cover actually looks cute, goes with the title and plot but the problem I have with it is the font. Maybe try something more, well, elegant. This font is more common and suitable for books with video game glitches, perhaps. Most books that are tech related use this font. For a love story, I'm not sure if it'd be the perfect fit. I had this critical writing class today and one of the most important things my mentor mentioned was describing what our topic isn't about rather than what it is about. So, we're gonna talk about what the cover is not. It isn't bright and eye-catching. That doesn't mean it portrays the angst either. The filter gives it a darker, angsty vibe but then Jimin just looks soft in there even though there's no expression on his face. So, it doesn't convey the vibe of the book properly. Now, about what it probably could be, it could've been a picture of Jimin looking sad and gloomy wearing a sweater instead of using filters to give it the vibe. For what the font isn't, the font isn't romantic or angsty. Well, yes, your book does have time travel but sci-fi is more of a secondary genre than romance here, so I think you should work with the romance aspect of it and make bigger decisions based on it. Despite everything though, I personally feel like the cover's pretty cute but the fact that it has heavy angst never did cross my mind before reading it. Another thing I'd like to mention is that it's a jikook book and there's no jikook on the cover. So maybe try to find a cover where they both are in the frame.

»Title :: 3/5

I think it's cute and inviting. If I were to pass by a book with that title, I definitely would give it a read. Even before I was assigned to review this book, it had already caught my eye with the title. Even though your title was a little eye catching, the problem I found with it was that it was a little misleading. Not giving in to stereotypes or asking anybody to design their book according to stereotypes or advocating it but the first thing a reader looks at is the title. I thought it'd be super fluffy, super adorable, just sweetness, tooth rotting fluff with the tiniest bit of angst but that wasn't the case. So with a title like this, your audience might become people who seek just fluff rather than people who read angst, so you have to make everything clear from the start.

»Blurb :: 1/5

It's too long. It might be short if the book was a published one but since we're talking about Wattpad, I find it too long. I've already mentioned this but a reader's attention span is only seven seconds meaning you'll have to pull them in seconds. If you don't, they leave. It simply works like that. No reader is gonna just read the book without reading the blurb so blurb is key. It's what decides whether you pull them in or not. So making it shorter and more charming is the easiest way to get readers. If it's a cliché, readers are definitely going to be present but if it's not, you'll have to work harder, and doing it by the blurb is the easier way. There were grammatical errors in there too. Some things were very redundant, not really necessary for a blurb. Some things didn't make sense. The last couple of sentences don't go well together. When there's an option, when there's this or this, when there's a probability that this or this might happen, it's probably contradicting, probably opposites, and I don't think that Jimin time traveling to change the past and Jimin ignoring his feelings contradict each other. Well, even if you wanted to keep it that way, you should give readers an insight into what might happen if Jimin chooses. It could've been, perhaps, "Will Jimin risk it all and travel back in time or stay in the present to save his lover?". It's just an example just so you understand. The other thing I didn't like were the words in uppercase. It makes the whole thing look unprofessional.