Save Me

╭⋟───────────────╮
Save Me
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: Dragon_Kitara

Reviewer :: BerryStrawberryy

First Impression (5.5/20) ::

My first impression of this book wasn't that great tbh. The cover seemed somewhat pleasing, but later I discovered it was completely unrelated to the title and the blurb—neither of which were very intriguing. 

» Cover :: 2/10

The cover is beautiful no doubt, I've only given you these points because I found it slightly aesthetically pleasing at first glance. But it does not match the blurb and title, and it most definitely does not match your story. 

The filter/editing reflects a happy, serene vibe whereas your story is anything but that. I would suggest a darker cover (both literally and figuratively) to better express your plot. 

As for the technicality, the font in your current cover is very poorly chosen. The subtitle/tagline and the author's name are barely visible. I would recommend either making the current letters bold or using a different typeface entirely. 

» Title :: 1.5/5

The title is very common, especially in the k-pop world; I'm sure if I searched it on Wattpad many books with the same name would show up. This isn't exactly a bad thing but your book would get lost in the crowd with an unoriginal name. It also didn't exactly mirror your plot. 

As for the 'intriguing' factor… I can't say that it really made me want to click read right away. 

Coming up with titles can be tricky but I suggest you try to narrow it down to a title that essentially fits only your book! It could be named after a special moment in your story, the main characters' personalities, or even a particular dialogue. 'Save Me' is a very general title with vast meanings/interpretations. 

» Blurb :: 1/5

The blurb is quite bland and not fit for a story like yours. 

 Your book isn't about the journey of the MCs meeting and progressing in life. It's beyond that; these characters have already lived the life which you're currently narrating and the entire book is about reminiscing it. The blurb makes it sound like your book is a regular 'coming-of-age' teen fiction. 

I recommend adding a hook at the beginning of the blurb, and also something at the ending which, again, more specifically relates to your story. 

 Beginning of a new start :: 7/10

Frankly, I don't have much to say here. I liked the beginning but didn't love it. 

I think switching the prologue with the first chapter would be better. The scene where Namjoon visits Aro's apartment and meets Aaron is written in a way better manner than the prologue. It might help capture the readers' attention and leave them wanting more. 

Prologues are supposed to create a general setting for the rest of your story to take place, which yours did, but it's better if they're slightly vague or stand apart from the chapters following it. 

Another way around it is combining both the chapters; Namjoon can discover the diary in the prologue and read a part of it with every chapter just as you've done. 

But if you want to continue with your current prologue then I'd suggest writing it in a different manner. Try not naming the characters right away, make it slightly more entrancing and mysterious. Use descriptive writing techniques instead of narrative since you aren't explaining a series of events, instead just emphasizing a particular scene/moment.