Scarlet Snow

╭⋟───────────────╮
Scarlet Snow
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: BerryStrawberryy
Reviewer :: bykhongjoong

First Impression :: 10/20

» Cover :: 4/10
The cover gave me wistful vibes at a first glance, but upon delving deeper into the story, I found it’s anything but that. It’s a little misleading, in my opinion, but I’m assuming it was intentional. If it wasn’t, then I suggest using a picture that portrays your story better. As for the fonts and their colors, I’m not quite fond of it, especially the one used for the author’s name. Instead of using a fancy font for the author’s name, use sans serif type fonts; it makes the cover look more professional. Or you can always order a cover from the graphic shops available on Wattpad.

» Title :: 1/5
The title is unoriginal and quite common; if I searched it up, I’m sure I’d be able to find many books on Wattpad with the same name. I also could not find much connection between the title and your story.

» Blurb :: 5/5
Your blurb deserves a whole 5 out of 5. It’s short and sweet; it does not give away much of the storyline, but just enough details for one to give in to their curiosity and click on ‘read’. I loved the little quote at the beginning the most, though.

Beginning of a new start :: 10/10

It’s a little vague as the story takes off, but the deeper you dig, slowly, a complete masterpiece unravels. This is literally all I have to say. ‘Scarlet Snow’ is a masterpiece people have yet to find.

Concept and plot :: 25/25

The concept positively and genuinely blew my mind away. It’s unique, and I’ve never quite come across something like this before. It starts off with Taehyung being upset about something that happens between him and his friends, and he sits there reminiscing old memories. But all of a sudden, the plot does a 180-degree turn, and I absolutely love it! It’s usually hard to keep the pace of a plot consistent in a oneshot, but you did a remarkable job at doing that.

Characters and emotions :: 15/15

Later in the book, it’s vaguely mentioned that Taehyung’s mentally ill, so I love how, in the end, every emotion he’s going through just all comes together. It’s a oneshot, and Taehyung is supposed to be the main character, but you’ve also woven the other members’ personalities and emotions into it perfectly. Good job!

Tone and style :: 10/10

Once again, this book is a masterpiece, and it isn’t deserving of anything but a full score. You’ve used a wide range of vocabulary and described everything so well it felt like I was right inside the story, and that is saying something because I can’t, for the life of me, indulge myself in stories unless I can truly feel what the author’s trying to portray.

“It was like Namjoon had always said— the seven of them were in a boat. And even though they faced different directions, each facing a different horror, they were still headed to the same place, the same goal.”

I just want to mention that this quote hits hard right in the gut no matter how many times you read it. I love it.

Grammar :: 19/20

There are some minor misplacements of commas here and there, you missed a period at the end of one dialogue, and I’ve noticed that you sometimes used ellipses in the wrong places. I suggest you go through your work a few times and proofread it.

Extra Note: You have an amazing and unique story to tell, so I hope more people get to see your work. Just work on the prospects I’ve pointed out and you’re good to go!

TOTAL :: 89/100