Love doesn't understand words

╭⋟──────────────────────╮
Love doesn't understand words
╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Author :: _Jaeminmarryme_

Reviewer :: bykhongjoong

First Impression :: 1/20

Cover :: 0/10
First of all, please remember that you are NOT allowed to make any kind of changes whatsoever to your book while it's undergoing a review. You changed the cover of your book when I was almost done with my review, and you did not bother to inform or take permission from me or the shop before doing so. Hence, I'm giving a zero for this category.

Title :: 1/5
To be honest, I don't like the title all that much; it's wordy and did not pique my interest as it should have. It's not a title I've seen before, but sentence-like titles such as yours are a turn-off because they're too wordy and as a result, pushes readers away instead of pulling them in. Frankly, the title does not reflect on your story either because there are about fifteen chapters published, and I don't think anything within those chapters told me, "Love Doesn't Understand Words." But what I did gather after reading your book is that it's quite humorous because the characters are playful and it's how you've executed most of the plot, so your title could have been something witty. I suggest you change your title to something shorter that reflects your story. Smaller, one-worded titles or phrasal ones can have more impact than longer, wordy ones.

Blurb :: 0/5
As I mentioned in <<COVER>>, you are not allowed to make any changes to your book when it's up for review. When your book was assigned to me, the blurb only had a quote from your book. But when I was almost done with my review, you went ahead and added more to it. Hence, I'm giving a zero here as well.

Beginning of a start :: 5/10

The book did not start with a prologue, so I was hoping the first chapter would have the oomph factor to it that would make me stay, but it starts just like any other typical, cliche teen-fiction or YA novel; the protagonist wakes up in the morning, stalls for a little doing things not relevant to the story, then proceeds to realize they're late for classes so they hurry and reaches school/college with only minutes to spare, then has a bad day because their classes are 'boring', and then finally meets the other protagonist. I'm not saying cliches are a bad thing because they are not, but every cliche has something special in it, something that makes it stand out among hundreds of other executions of the same plot; yours does not have that special something. Despite all that, the first chapter did lay out a base for future chapters to be built on, so there's that.

Something that put me off was the excessive change of point of view within a single chapter; having more than one change of point of view is extremely confusing and ruins the story's flow.

Overall, if we look past the grammatical errors and the questionable execution of the chapters, the beginning of your book is decent.

Concept and plot :: 10/25

As far as the concept is concerned, this is a classic enemies-to-lovers trope, and I just want to mention that I am a sucker for these. I promise your book could have kept me hooked right till the end if only everything unfolded a little more naturally.

From what I've seen in the fifteen chapters published, you focus more on building the side characters' romantic relationships instead of putting more effort to describe on what grounds Ahnjong and Jungkook stand, and it's making the flow of the story go a little off-track. Now, I'm not saying that building relationship dynamics between the side characters is wrong; it's not, it's extremely important. But you have to keep in mind that Ahnjong and Jungkook are your main characters, so they need to be in the spotlight. If your book is a slow burn, you gradually build side characters' relationship dynamics or introduce them And if it's a fast-paced one, you introduce them as your main characters' relationship unfolds. Reading your book made me feel as if Ahnjong's friends were the main characters instead of her.