My King

╭⋟───────────────╮
My King
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: Kjjafeeluv_Bts

Reviewer :: sprite_and_hamburger

First impression :: 3.5/20

The very first impression of the book is the title, cover, and blurb If the author doesn't give a good impression then they might lose their readers because as much as people like to say don't judge a book by its cover but that's what we all do. A great title and cover design are incredibly important at hooking a potential reader’s interest.

cover :: 2/10
At first glance, the cover can be considered as good but when you look at it you will realize how many flows the cover has. Yoongi is looking like a ghost on the cover because his skin was way too bright in comparison to other elements of the cover. The blending of the characters was very poor, the manipulation was poorly done. The subtitle you added isn't readable and the font color you added for the username was totally out of space. It feels like you used PicsArt automatic cutter for cutting the characters and past them on your background with the font. The cutting can be easily seen. The pics you used for Yoongi and Tae can be replaced with a better one. The cover has space for improvement, it can be good if you blend the pics well.

title :: 1/5
The title and the plot are two different things. There was no relevancy between them. I was waiting for the moment where I could feel the touch of the title but it never comes. A title should be related to the plot but your book isn't following this rule. Giving the title "my king" won't make you suddenly about the king but there was nothing I can say this is why you gave that title. It’s important to make sure that you are choosing an original title that hasn’t already been used by an existing book. It feels like you just named your book "my king" because it's a well-known title. Readers will flock to your book because you’ve taken the time to craft the perfect title. Most readers decide whether or not to pick up a book by title alone. Give a glimpse of what the reader can expect from your book. An insightful title is almost like a philosophical question. Remember to treat your title as a priority. Your title is the reader’s first impression of your writing. It should never be an afterthought.

Blurb :: 0.5/5
Once a reader sees a book cover design and thinks the book title is intriguing, what’s next? What helps them decide if they want to read the book? They might click on the book read the blurb. Blurbs are a key part of books: they are supposed to entice readers to read the book. They’re a read pitch that should sound interesting and should represent what’s in the book without giving too much away. If a blurb makes a reader want to read more, it’s successful; if a blurb bores or overwhelms the reader, it needs to be rewritten. The blurb you have put on the book is nothing like that it's not inviting nor interesting. There wasn't much to read so I hardly get the idea of the plot. Aside from this, your blurb has grammar mistakes which aren't good because that's what people going to notice when they first click on the book. Ellipsis never contains more than 3 dots so you shouldn't be putting many dots on your sentences.

Beginning of a new start :: 2/10

The first few chapters lay out the basic plotline for the main story it gives hype to readers and makes them read more but your book failed to do that. There was hardly much written on the chapter if you combine the first 3 chapters it won't even pass 2k words. Maybe you don't know but an ideal length of the chapter is 2k-4k words and your book hardly has 500 words in a chapter. If you combine all the chapters in one then they won't pass 10k words despite the fact that you have 18 chapters.