The Blueties & The Beasts

╭⋟───────────────╮
The Blueties & The Beasts
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: everydaydreamingxxi

Reviewer :: Author_Jenny

First Impression :: 13.5/20

» Cover :: 8.5/10

Starting with the cover of your book, it is attractive enough (from the graphic's point of view) to catch the reader's attention and make them want to read your book. From the implicit aspect, the book precisely matches to the story and depicts the theme. But there are few minor changes in the cover that can make it look even better. The subtitle of the cover is slightly cut off at the end and the colour chosen for it is detoreating the quality and I feel like it should be fixed.

[˗ˏ✎ Reviewer's Tip :: The following is just a mere suggestion, it completely depends on you if you want to make the changes or not. You can change the font of the text in the covers if you want, for a cover with such good graphic designing as yours, the text's outlook should be able to match up to the quality.]

» Title :: 3/5

The title was very appropriate for the book, even though it can confuse the readers about 'blueties', the cover is there to rescue. But I can out deny the fact that the title looks too plain and simple. It is not something much thought of, instead just the main important characters are taken up from the book and put into the title that has the setting of a Disney movie. So I can't really say that the title is perfect, it definitely matches the story and is eligible to be the story's title but I don't really see how much of a good work it can do at attracting readers.

[˗ˏ✎ Reviewer's Tip :: Instead of following a title setting, try to come up with something new. Focus on the minor aspects of the story that are important as well instead of picking the obvious ones, if you know what I mean.]

» Blurb :: 2/5

Talking about the blurb, there are a few mistakes here and there that I have noticed. In the very first line, instead of "kill you in our first meeting", it should be "kill you on our first meeting". In the second paragraph, "So, come and get me, alpha", it could have sounded better and more appropriate if it was "Then come and get me, Alpha". In the first paragraph you have capitalized 'Alpha' but in the second paragraph during the dialogue, you haven't. 

In the second paragraph itself, instead of "kill you in my third movement", it could have been "kill you with my third movement" or if not 'with' then something else but 'in' doesn't sound very convincing to me. In the third paragraph, "It's like he...", could have been "It feels like". Instead of "he strip me bare" it should be "he strips me bare". The rest of the description is fine except the last line that could have been "Or are they obliged to leave him behind" instead of the sentence that you have used.

[˗ˏ✎ Reviewer's Tip :: It's obvious that your blurb has to go through some changes. You have a hard time forming right dialogues, even though they are appropriate to the story, they still lack the ability to intrigue a reader. You need to work on your sentence construction and grammatical errors and I feel like the blurb would be way better.]

Beginning of a new start :: 7/10

After reading the character introduction, I was confused to say the least but the "introduction" chapter made it clear. I suggest you put the introduction chapter first followed by the character description, it would be easier to understand the concept. Since the introduction is just the scenario of the world that is being described, put it first followed by the character introduction won't make it seem like you are cutting off any action sequence.