Bloody Promises

╭⋟───────────────╮
Bloody Promises
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: flwryshj

Reviewer :: Kim_eats

First impression :: 10/20

» Cover :: 1.5/10

The cover is supposed to be the first impression of any book and it needs to be attractive. In the case of this cover, it is not going to attract as many readers as your book deserves. Your book is originally inspired from Omniscient Reader and the picture you used for the cover looks like the protagonist of the webtoon. Even if it's inspired from it, I would suggest not to use that picture because the character is not in the story so far and it could be misleading for readers. Use the pictures of the idols for that and try editing them all in the cover or order through a cover shop if possible. 

The face claim is not the only problem. The background used is messy and not suitable for the vibe you are going for, it doesn't match the theme at all and adds unnecessary complexity. The font used for the title is okay but the size needs to be bigger and the colour needs to be different according to the background as well. Same with the quote used, the size is too small to be able to read and the colour seems to blend in with the background. 

In conclusion, you need to make major changes to the cover for it to attract readers because it's the very first thing anyone notices and as of now, it's messy and very unattractive.   

» Title :: ⅘

I like the title used. Though it is not unique, the title has relevance to the story and it perfectly fits. Especially after the first few chapters where the main leads reminisce about making promises and the way they don't get to follow through those promises because of their bloody reality. 

» Blurb :: ⅘

The blurb is perfect, short but meaningful. You did a great job by including all the main points of the story without revealing the main conflict which seems to be a sick game being played with the main leads. The only thing I would tell you to change in it is to add spacing between paragraphs. It's currently one big paragraph and it looks rushed because of the lack of proper pauses the human brain unconsciously takes after a comma or full stop or a paragraph break. The break adds more dimension to the reading experience. Hope you consider that.  

Beginning of a new start :: 9/10

Following the first impression the blurb made for me, I was definitely expecting a strong start since it's an apocalyptic situation and I must say, I wasn't disappointed. Right from the beginning the heaviness of the situation was apparent. The way the scenes were written, especially the first chapter where Changmin held Chanhee in his last moments and how he looked back at their conversations and the memories they made, it made a very strong impact. 

These kinds of startings always hook the readers immediately and you have the pressure to deliver all the upcoming chapters with the same vibe and so far, you are successful. I also like how the whole apocalypse and the monster attack was shown from four different perspectives instead of only one as I’ve seen most writers do. But, in this particular book, since there are four main leads, it is understandable and well appreciated because a lot of times a certain character gets more spotlight than the other and that kind of sucks if you have multiple main characters. 

Overall, I would say the beginning three chapters including the playlist one, make a great impression. The language is direct yet impactful and it is extremely intriguing to see how and why the particular four characters were left alive.