Cryptic Growl

╭⋟───────────────╮
Cryptic Growl
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: kpopcharmseu

Reviewer :: chemicalkrackel

First Impression :: 0/20

I won't lie, the book lacks lustre. I know I'm in a position where I can criticise your creation for the merit it holds but as part of the job, I'll say it again, your book is not an eye candy.

The cover is disastrous, no vibe to it is what I'd say. Smooth? A word in question but I don't find anything that I'd pin point as attractive. The font is a mess. The texture needs a better shade and a play of filter will be a great deal in terms of improving.

I don't really know if it's me but the title is off, I know you are trying to give off an aesthetic of dark, creepy and mysterious but, it just doesn't work out :') Sadly, it makes up a mess.

What I'd advise is get a cover change as soon as possible and also might as well remove Growl from the title and keep the Cryptic.

Beginning of a new start :: 2/10

Okay, so here goes nothing, I see potential in some parts but the others are just distasteful, too quick, too commotioned, and a poor plotting.

The synopsis is just eclipses, so many of them and not needed, too much of a failure just to try and creep the reader out but my dear, you cracked the code wrong. You need to realise the wrong side you bent onto.

The start gets interesting but soon drowns in high quotings and stuff. It turns dry and non-witty. I can't keep up with the flow. Also the banners were distracting.

Get a better style opt and an editing team for getting it over the tracks and also, removing the unnecessary ellipses will help, a lot.

Concept and plot :: 3/25

Starting off, it's annoying, the plotting leaves me distasteful, you know. While I was analysing through the book, the early chapters gave away everything. It was a meek attempt at creating goosebumps and chills of that of a werewolf fanfiction.

BUT a major pause, that is as a reviewer, I'd advise you to submit your book AGAIN after you complete writing it the way you want because as reviewers we get a very large scope to cover and different statistics to talk about. It's not helpful to submit your book for a review when the book is not even complete because it'll end up becoming a mixture of everything a good book is not and the inconsistent writing and plotting will be coy.

Characters and emotions :: 0/15

I feel nothing but annoyed and if I were a character in the book I'd most probably punch all their faces and run away, because they are so very offensive in so many places and so poorly casted. It could have been so much better if you'd give depth and cause to all your characters and their acts because from the way it's penned, it definitely needs some set up.

I don't feel emotions, I end up laughing over the dry humour that isn't witty. I know you aren't a professional because so aren't I and we all are here to learn. So I'd advise you to read works by Stephen King, the writer of books like IT and you'll get to the point of being able to take inspirations to pen down something in a creepy and nerve wrecking manner.

You can always message me and ask me for books when you are torn off exhaustion because books REALLY help.

Tone and style :: 1/10

It's a weak point, the inconsistencies. At one point, I find the wordings really good and the other scroll just ruins it for me. And you really need to remove those ellipsis because they just give away everything from the story. They aren't put to a good use and that can be triggering for my english teacher.

Please look up works and styles of writers online or big scenes and anyone you find is really good at the job. A good writing consists of a great plot and a twisting sheet of climax and an unpredictable end that is bonded together with words and their usages.

Grammar :: 1/20

A lot of typos and a lot of misplacing of words that could have been used for a better placement.

And good works are fluid, works anyone can get through and still be unique in their own way. You don't have to read and use fancy words that are super outdated or very mouthful or you've never even heard of, but use something that will be understood by your readers and also makes sense.

Write something that everyone understands.

An extra note :: It maybe a very small total but I want you to learn from it and complete your book the way you are writing it. And for the best, improve in the process and then give your book for review AGAIN. I'll read it thoroughly and help you with the plotline and the plot holes and try my best so you could learn lots. That way, I'll get to know your wordings on a better level because a non complete book is like a summer lover who cheated on you with your sister.

And then, get an editor who is ready to devote you with their time and knowledge and take you towards a better fever. So yes, I hope the best for you. May you succeed and I hope my review helped you.

Total :: 7/100