Forced

╭⋟───────────────╮
Forced
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: Genius_MinSwag

Reviewer :: BerryStrawberryy

First Impression :: 3/20

The first impression is important in determining whether the readers continue with your story or not. You need a cover, title and blurb that are not only intriguing but also relate to the central theme of your story to give the viewers a general idea of what they're going in for. 

And frankly, at first glance, your story did not impress me in the least. 

» Cover :: 1/10

Any cover must check off two important factors at the very least—relation to theme and pleasant to look at. 

The main concept of your story was a ' loveless arranged marriage', and two halves of different faces, put together in a collage, represents that in no way. This same cover can be used for plenty of other books with different plotlines than yours. I'd suggest picking a specific moment from your book, or imagining a particular scenario for your MCs and trying to picture it… using that scene for your cover eventually. 

As for 'pleasant to look at', the image was not easy on the eyes. The font used for the title is a… bold choice, and not in a good way. It almost seems forcefully stamped onto the cover and the white colour used isn't helping, blending into the background and providing unnecessary emphasis to itself at the same time. And adding just 'Min Yoongi' as a subtitle was also not a good idea. Try something like 'A Min Yoongi fanfiction' instead. 

Instead of telling you to make tweaks in the current cover, I'd suggest changing it entirely. Try using a different image, colour scheme, font—everything. 

╰☆☆Tip :: Try submitting your book to our community's graphic shop, along with a small summary of your story. We have a lot of talented designers that can help provide you with the perfect cover for your story.☆☆╮ 

» Title :: 1.5/5

The title is neither unique nor interesting. If I were to search up this title on wattpad, I'm sure many books with the same name would show up. That's not necessarily a bad thing but your book is bound to get lost in the bunch. The readers may not be curious enough to open it after seeing the same title over and over again either. 

Also, the 'forced' factor doesn't stay intact in your story for very long either. The MCs made a deal at the very starting, deciding to break off the marriage within a year and willingly entering into it for the sake of the company and their parents. I wouldn't exactly call that being 'forced'. 

Same as the cover, try thinking of a title that is specific to your story only. The book is still ongoing, it could be anything—related to the latter chapters, the end conclusion of the book, the personal growth of one of the MCs, absolutely any moment from the book. 

» Blurb :: 0.5/5

Your blurb is not even 60 words. It's not even half of what it should be. The ideal length for a blurb is 130-160 for a full length story or a novella. 

Even if I were to overlook the length, there was no appeal to the blurb whatsoever. Starting from the grammatical errors to the unnecessarily excessive line spacing after the first line, all of it was a huge turn off to me as a reader. 

Again, I would tell you to completely change the synopsis, and maybe add a little bit more about the rest of the book instead of just the beginning and the commencement of their marriage. Maybe try vaguely summarizing what happens once they do get married.