Walk

╭⋟───────────────╮
Walk
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: x0RoseGold0x
Reviewer :: athenaxglamour_

First Impression :: 9/20

First impression was goofy. I was attracted to the cover. Expected it to be a fluff and soft story. Title was too common, and it didn't intrigue me much.

» Cover :: 5/10
Although the image of the hospital that you want to convey is entirely visible, the colour and the font that you have used is saying something else. The font is too cute, not matching the atmosphere of the plot that you want to convey. Also, the color is giving me a daddy and his girl vibes that isn't a justice to the storyline of your book.

↱❛ Reviewer's tip :: Whenever you are selecting a cover for your book, make sure that the colour, the font, and the message that you want to convey is visible through the cover. Otherwise, your readers might not be interested even if it's a book that is their preference. You can order from our community's cover shop. We have talented designers who know what to provide you based on your plot concept.

» Title :: 3/5
Common word for a title. So common that people might not even like to click on "read". But what matters is, this is matching to your book. The idea, the theme, and the conflict that you want convey. Otherwise there isn't anything intriguing about it.

↱❛ Reviewer's tip :: Whenever you are choosing a title, don't just think it's relevant to your book or not. Add your creativity too.

» Blurb :: 1/5
Too short, not intriguing, extra information that doesn't even matter. Two lines aren't enough for a blurb, especially when you are writing a story. Not short stories, not poetry, but stories. A novel. Even if you explain the main characters. That wasn't intriguing.

↱❛ Reviewer's tip :: Always remember, your blurb is like the ears of your book. It should be hearing the storyline and telling it to the audience. Don't reveal the whole story but don't write too short either. Write your blurb keeping in view the following structure:

A Quote from your book
Brief introduction of characters
The main conflict of your book (issue)
If possible, mention the setting of your book.

Beginning of a new start :: 5/10

I will say I might have enjoyed the starting if you didn't mention that your main character is waking up to the sound of an alarm. It's cliché. A traditional cliché that some readers might not enjoy. As someone who reviewed books and I know the psychology of the readers, I know some readers hate when an author starts a chapter with the main characters waking up. So please avoid it next time.

Concept and plot :: 14/25

The most difficult plot to interpret is the one that is going on and we have no idea how it will end. Have you ever heard of fillers? They aren't bad but they aren't necessary either. You are using them here and there. This is making your plot look uninteresting, tired, and bored. The flow of the story will be good if you add some twists in the middle. Avoid unnecessary events. Apart from those fillers, I loved the concept of the story. Keep writing.

↱❛ Reviewer's tip:: Perfection doesn't exist and no author can craft a perfect plot but imperfections make you perfect. So go with trying different styles of sketching plots. If possible, read guides to write a great novel. No, I am not talking about these books on wattpad. Read actual published guides. I am not sure if you would like me to add the names of a few guides but DM me if you need help.

Characters and emotions :: 8/15

They all feel like flat characters without development. They might be speaking their heart but I just wasn't able to relate to them. It was like a human with emotions but they don't know how to show it. Apart from this, I enjoyed the main leads and their dialogue delivery. But I am sorry to say that I wasn't able to relate to your characters. Make your characters a reflection of human life. Realism could be attained even if you are writing about a rose.

↱❛ Reviewer's tip:: Give each character a voice. A voice that would belong to them and no one else.

Tone and style :: 6/10

Simple style, and sometimes you are over describing some scenes. If they are eliminated then your chapters will be less lengthy. Write the thoughts of the characters in italics. Avoid capitalising the screaming of a character in a text. No need to do it in dialogues. Formatting issues are there. Your writing is full of extra paragraph spaces. I noticed that your paragraphs are too lengthy as well.

↱❛ Reviewer's tip:: Use third person point of view. I saw that you are switching between the perspectives which is okay but might interrupt the flow of reading. Try using one perspective throughout.

Grammar :: 9/20

Grammar needs work. I am not saying it's bad as it's better than many. I found following common errors in your book:
No usage of punctuation at the required place
Dialogue tags and punctuation that are required are totally ignored.
Sometimes switching between tenses
↱❛ Reviewer's tip:: I will recommend editing your book on your own once you end it. Just need to have a basic knowledge of grammar. Use mister Google.

TOTAL :: 51/100