It's Gonna be You

╭⋟───────────────╮
It's Gonna be You
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: ViniShah2

Reviewer :: Taebaetae74

First Impression :: 6.5/20

» Cover :: 1/10

So basically, there was no effort put into the cover. The image was from the internet (which is plagiarism since you never mentioned credits) and the title did not go with the cover’s theme. Moreover, you could’ve at least tried to blend all the elements and centralized the title; removing the heart. The author’s name or username wasn’t there either- which is not acceptable, since this is the cover of a book written by you. 

» Title :: 3/5

It did suit the book, but not all too well. Maybe go for something a bit more unique? Something that speaks more about the plot and what the book revolves around?

» Blurb :: 2.5/5

The blurb was just ‘normal’. It did not have any unique characteristic that would draw more readers into it. Like, you went straight to the point instead of conveying the same message with some style and grace to the writing style. That’s one. The second point is that you missed out on some punctuations. And one more thing is that you misuse tildes. A tilde is normally used to convey an indeterminate word and is also used in texting. But here, you were supposed to use a hyphen after ‘band’; not a tilde.

Towards the end, you were to use either ups anf downs, or highs and lows. Not both of them together.

And, just a bit off topic, being a rookie writer is not an excuse to have typos and grammatical errors. I mean, don’t get me wrong, but it gives off wrong vibes. Accept them and work towards improvising it.

Beginning of a new start :: 4/10

To be frank, I did not like it so much. The first chapter itself did not have any scenes which were plot-building, you know? It was like, you started the book and BOOM, the female lead is under a car. You could’ve designed some more scenes which would make the whole idea a bit more... realistic. The chapters were too short in my opinion. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with short chapters, but, when you do make it short, make sure to add some interesting scenes; plot building ones basically. Describe well. Other than that, the grammar and other aspects need a lot of improvising.

Concept and plot :: 12/25

It was too rushed? I mean, come on. Let’s get real now. Even if you’re a crazed fan, if you were ever to end up in your idol’s home out of nowhere, it would obviously take you some time to adjust. She couldn’t suddenly be the 8th member of BTS. Even the boys would find it a bit awkward to have a girl stay with them- that’s human nature.  No such emotions could be noticed in the female lead’s spotlight. The plot was not so bad, but the executions could’ve been a lot better. It was sweet and their interactions were quite intriguing. But again, all of it needed better execution. 

Characters and emotions :: 8/15

The characters could be improved. Almost all of the boys had the same personality, you know? Like, they did not have a spotlight of their own. And this being a BTS FF, giving each member a different personality is truly crucial. Other than that, the female lead should’ve been portrayed in a more realistic way too. I’ve already mentioned the reasons above. 

The emotions... to be honest, I couldn’t relate at all with the book. The reason being you did not really express the emotions the characters went through.

Tone and style :: 3/10

First off, we should speak about the way you present dialogues. Dialogues are supposed to be in direct speech and not names and colons unless it’s a play or a skit- which I’m pretty sure is not. 

Your skills lack in descriptive writing. You fail to draw readers to the book without adding acute details to the scenes in your book. This is self-explanatory. As of now, it was just bland, you know? There was no ‘way’ of going around with words. Just plain information and scripted dialogues.

Also, you should not add notes here and there between while the story goes on, in brackets. That just ruins the flow. If you have something to say, make an author’s note at the end of the chapter. This includes everything. From small fangirling side notes to meaning of terms you used in Korean (which you’re not really supposed to use.)

Grammar :: 6/20

First of all, the sentence constructions. You used the right words, but put them together in the wrong order. For instance, let’s take the first sentence of the first chapter of the book: “Ohh nooo!! Why she has to call right now??”

Here, firstly, the extra punctuations you had added were really unnecessary. Secondly, you didn’t really have to exaggerate the first part. A simple ‘Oh no!’ would do. Then lastly, the second part should’ve been something like “Why does she have to call right now?”

At some points, you interchanged between the tenses too. It really confuses the readers when you do that. If you decide to write using present tense, you might as well stick to it, hm?

There were some errors I noticed in the vocabulary. Many times, you had the right idea of the words you were to imply, but used the wrong word. For instance, in the 3rd chapter’s first paragraph, you were to use the word ‘reality’ instead of ‘real’.

Total :: 39.5/100