The Jewel to his Blu

╭⋟───────────────╮
The Jewel to his Blu
╰───────────────⋞╯

Author :: JeonJudisu

Reviewer :: btsluvvesper

First Impression :: 6.5/20

We all know that the first impression is what attracts a person towards you and your work. But dear, your first impression was not the best impression at all. Why? I will be explaining them now.

» Cover :: 1.5/10
The cover is the center of attraction. And your cover was nowhere near 'attractive'. Now, you might say that I shouldn't judge the book by its cover. But as a reader, I am bound to do so as it is the first thing a person would see before reading the story.

You used a very plain picture for the cover and also the fonts were not the best ones as well. It felt like you just threw in some fonts, just because you had to. Not because you want it to be attractive. I would recommend you to ask any person who is an expert in this field to make you the cover for.

Other than attractiveness, the cover should also convey the meaning or message about the plot behind it. There should be a bond between the plot and the cover. Let it be direct or indirect, it should. But again, we are coming back to zero for this part as well. There was absolutely no connection between the cover and the plot, neither directly nor indirectly. Again, I would suggest you to ask anyone who is good at designing or order a cover from any graphics shop from Wattpad.

You can easily explain your theme or a bit of plot in order to show the connection between the plot and cover layout. And that's it! You are all good with the cover.

» Title :: 3.5/5
The title is another important element of the first impression. It suggests and/or reflects what the story would be about. It should be welcoming yet relevant to the plot.

Your title was unique and inviting. I liked how you tried to reflect "Jewel and Blu" with Taehyung's "blue love parrot" from the "Winter Bear" song. I must say that it was indeed a very unique thought.

However, the title didn't reflect the story at all. By reading the title, I thought the story would show Taehyung and Dawn's bond-like Jewel and Blu's one. Or, something that would show or reflect Taehyung's song's particular lyrics that you tried to portray before. But it wasn't that at all.

I see that you are still writing your story, so I would recommend that you try to connect your title and storyline to portray the accurate message through the title about the story. I am sure then you would ace it.

» Blurb :: 1.5/5
A blurb is like the finishing touch of the first impression and beginning of the story chapters. It should be short and intriguing that would directly ask the readers to come and check the book out. It should give off a hint of the theme of the story.

Unfortunately, you also failed to do it well. Your blurb was too short or I can say was of just one single sentence, that also a song's lyrics that did not reflect on the storyline at all. If I was reading your book as a reader instead of a reviewer, I would never give a second thought about it seeing its blurb.

You need to be creative yet connective with the story. Based on the blurb, one usually reads a book. It should give a hint of character/s and theme as well. Now, imagine having a book with little to zero creativity, originality and relation with the story for the blurb. How unprofessional it sounds.

I would say that change your blurb into something creative and try to give your originality and relation with the story. Yes, you can keep the song line as well, if it gives your blurb a better look, but at least try to show the connection between everything.